What's new

Kids toy?

mainer

Silver Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering if this would be a kids toy? Its made of lead I think? Very heavy. Just a smidge over 6 inches long. Any idea on age? Thank's in advance. :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • dog.webp
    dog.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 364
Kinda' looks like Scooby Doo :tongue3:

I have no idea about age buy my opinion is that if it is 6" long it would be too heavy for a child to play with. Maybe a "statue" to put on the fireplace mantle. I bet it was painted at one time.

VPR
 
Upvote 0
Thanks VPR. I think it is also way to heavy to be a kids toy, but didnt know. Id hate to lug it around to play with thats for sure. Plus it was found at the beach, thats why I was leaning to a toy.
 
Upvote 0
Saw those on Antique Roadshow a few weeks back. 1700s unpainted and whole I think was $150. Cant remember what they were used for.
 
Upvote 0
Could have been a doorstop depending on whether or not it was mounted on a base or not. :-\
 
Upvote 0
trixie charger said:
Saw those on Antique Roadshow a few weeks back. 1700s unpainted and whole I think was $150. Cant remember what they were used for.

Never thought it would be that old. :o
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
diggummup said:
mainer said:
LadyDigger said:
like someone mentioned... a door stopper... here's one of a boxer.... http://www.rubylane.com/item/458305-10495/Antique-Cast-Iron-Figural-Box78er

and here's one painted... http://www.antiquehelper.com/item/311422

shame you couldn't find it whole or the other piece(s). :( nice find though!
Annmarie

Thank you Annmarie. :icon_thumright: I'll mark this one as solved.

Your welcome........ I get no respect I tell ya. :laughing7:

Sorry diggummup. Thanks to you aswell. :icon_thumright: :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0
mainer said:
diggummup said:
mainer said:
LadyDigger said:
like someone mentioned... a door stopper... here's one of a boxer.... http://www.rubylane.com/item/458305-10495/Antique-Cast-Iron-Figural-Box78er

and here's one painted... http://www.antiquehelper.com/item/311422

shame you couldn't find it whole or the other piece(s). :( nice find though!
Annmarie

Thank you Annmarie. :icon_thumright: I'll mark this one as solved.

Your welcome........ I get no respect I tell ya. :laughing7:

Sorry diggummup. Thanks to you aswell. :icon_thumright: :notworthy:

Good Job Diggummup... when I was making the post, I couldn't remember who said it... that's why I said ... "as someone mentioned" ;)
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, i'm just messin around, it was a concerted effort, we're all in this together. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom