What's new

Killer bifurcate halted scraper

choo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
833
Reaction score
2,489
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went hunting today didn't find much but I did find this little bifurcated halted scraper the material is killer on it I didn't find much else a couple of end scrapers & another broken point!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    737.5 KB · Views: 137
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    144.3 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 0
Nice find the material is really cool , ever find anything else made from same stuff?
 
Yeah I think I have another point made out of it I'm going to check tomorrow & see if I can find it I will put up a pic of both of them when I find it!
 
I like finding the repurposed points. I think they really liked the material to take the time to reshape it. Nice one.
 
Pretty material. Looks like it could be a Greenbriar or Osceola Greenbriar. Any grinding in the notches or across the base?
 
That’s a beauty. Really good find!
 
Id like to see a better pic of it in hand looks like a real nice color but there is a glare on it.
 
Looks to be Flintridge material. I picked up a bunch of it the last time I was in Ohio.
 
Nice looking material on that piece.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom