What's new

Killer quartzie today help with it?

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,492
Reaction score
895
Golden Thread
0
Location
md
Found this while working near Baltimore today. Sitting in a tiny stream. I was pumped to pull it out. My biggest quartz to date besides chunky knives. If this is a knife then its one if the best ones I've seen from around here that wasn't black flint or jasper. Well made and basally thinned. I tried to get a pic of the base to show it but with quartz it's hard. What do you all think? Knife? Point? Type? I don't have another like it. It's only thinned on one side.
 

Attachments

  • image-3447996244.webp
    image-3447996244.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 143
  • image-365538819.webp
    image-365538819.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 132
  • image-3821759766.webp
    image-3821759766.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 132
  • image-3869994045.webp
    image-3869994045.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 146
  • image-2030964163.webp
    image-2030964163.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 0
Thanks old digger I'm loving it.
 
Dang I just saw it. That is a really nice worked artifact you found. I enjoy quartz artifacts I would like to see your other ones in a different thread. I know some wont show the work in the pics but I still like comparing to ones I have. That is if you dont mind. Congrats on that fine artifact!
 
Rock I definitely will but as you know we are packed up to love. I haven't seen my points since September. Ahhhh! I will when I can. Check out some of my older posts.
 
ok and I knew what you meant.
 
Way to go Ben ! That is one of the biggest quartz pieces I have ever seen. That needs to be framed with a light behind it,,,,, in your new house! Great find today. You deserve it.
HH
TnMtns
 
Been thinking about getting a back lit frame for my clearer quartz points but not sure how it would look. Gotta alot of them that's for sure.
 
Trying to do a backlight.
 

Attachments

  • image-1998715018.webp
    image-1998715018.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 79
Ben you can make your own. They make a glass frosting spray paint for glass. My brother uses it in photography.Uh after you move of course.
 
Really nice find congrats.
 
Thanks pickaway. Made my day week and month.
 
Thanks guys. Great to have a place like this to share it.
 
Great find! We find a fair amount of quartz here in Central NC but usually not that large and often broken. I've got quartz in Morrow Mtn, Guilford, Kirk, Hardaway, Palmer, Savannah River, Yadkin to name a few. I'd say your new find is in the Guilford family.

Congrats!
 
Thanks dlos. That's probably about right. Call it guilford knife maybe. The couple guilfords I have are round bases and smaller but it does make sense. Thanks for checking it out. I'm still looking for my quartz hardaway. They are scarce around here. I have one small rhyolite one and my buddy has picked up two jasper ones. One of which is amazing. Sooner or later ill get a good pic of it to show you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom