What's new

Killer side notch , oxbow, Jasper scraper , pic heavy

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2011
Messages
1,567
Reaction score
2,161
Golden Thread
0
Location
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome day! This is my best day artifact hunting for sure! I got up early, but the temperature was 33 degrees, too cold to go out lol , so I waited till 9 am when it got up to 50! First find was a nice basalt point, pretty tiny , and the base was broken, but I was still feeling ecstatic, since I had only been there for 10 minutes! 5 minutes later I got the side notch and the oxbow, only three or four feet a part! After that, I found another piece, I think maybe flint, I am not sure if it was a failed knife, or a shift straightener/scraper. Tell me what you think! Last, I got a killer scraper made of jasper! Never have I found more than one whole point in one day , so it was my best to date! Any input welcome, and thanks for looking! (7:00 am = 33 degrees. 2:25 pm = 72 degrees! Typical Montana Fall, lol!)
 

Attachments

  • 1473560248265.webp
    1473560248265.webp
    193 KB · Views: 147
  • 1473560288464.webp
    1473560288464.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 1473560336801.webp
    1473560336801.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 1473560366082.webp
    1473560366082.webp
    156.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 1473560457881.webp
    1473560457881.webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 1473560496911.webp
    1473560496911.webp
    60.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 1473560571262.webp
    1473560571262.webp
    203.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 1473560608337.webp
    1473560608337.webp
    57.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 1473560643890.webp
    1473560643890.webp
    190.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 1473560728430.webp
    1473560728430.webp
    174.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 1473560785057.webp
    1473560785057.webp
    185 KB · Views: 104
  • 1473560825997.webp
    1473560825997.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 1473560855386.webp
    1473560855386.webp
    143.6 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
You did have a exciting day out on the hunt. I really like the side-notch. As for the one in question, I agree that it may have been a point failure.
 
Beautiful finds! Congrats!
HH
dts
 
You had a very nice hunt. Thanks for sharing your finds.
 
Awesome finds!
Montana is a magical place. Ur lucky!!!
 
Very nice! Send some of your weather to NC. We're baking.
 
What a great morning, I need to get out more! Great pieces, hope you have some more great weather and time to hunt!!
 
Nice hunt finds and the temps seem cold seeing last night at 9pm it felt like I walked into a oven when I stepped outdoors. good luck in your future hunts. In the winter here the dew fall at night is so heavy I cant start till 9-10 cause of the frost other wise you miss a lot that you cant see till it melts off.
 
That is a great day of hunting. I would have been really happy with those finds too. Congrats!!
 
Good hunt ,really like the side notch. Thanks for showing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom