Kinch Treasure,Greewood City

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
According to Lost Treasure Magazine, an Edward Walters believed Kinch had stashed some $5,000 in the short-lived town Greenwood City, KS. The settlment was small and without law enforcement, and therefore rather popular with a number of outlaws, but by 1875 it had been bypassed by the railroad and virtually dissappeared. Walters asserted that Kinch had been killed by a sheriff in Texas, leading one to assume his cache of loot might still be waiting to be found.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cspowell/researchpages/Kinch.html

Smallchange

Tenderfoot
Oct 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been talking with my wife's grandmother and she tells me that she knows the person very well that owns the property that the ghost town of greenwood city is located. She thinks I can get permission to hunt it also, since it is believed to be pasture land now waiting till the end of winter seems to be the best time to hunt since the grass will be at its lowest

Jagwar

Nov 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been talking with my wife's grandmother and she tells me that she knows the person very well that owns the property that the ghost town of greenwood city is located. She thinks I can get permission to hunt it also, since it is believed to be pasture land now waiting till the end of winter seems to be the best time to hunt since the grass will be at its lowest

And? Have you since found the loot and retired to a sunny island?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread