What's new

Spanish Gold

along15

Greenie
Joined
Jul 22, 2013
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wichita, KS
I have heard that Kansas may hold multiple cashes of spanish gold. Morland, Dodge City, and Coronado Hieghts. I was wondering if anyone had any information on these locations.
 
Coronado Heights is a city park. I've detected it a little. Found a Bic lighter and a LOT of beer bottle caps (it;s a hang out place).
I think it's surrounded by private land though. I just checked and my ownership maps don't go that far north. It's in Saline County.
The land around it is mostly pasture.

I wonder about the stories of gold in KS. Why carry it this far north?
 
I've been having a hard time finding additional info about these and others too. Seems like lots of legends and little hard info to back it up. This is a site that has treasure legends and ghost towns throughout KS

Kansas

Kind of interesting, and some of those would be worth more research.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom