What's new

Kind of a dumb question, but...

Locke

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
623
Reaction score
864
Golden Thread
0
Hi guys,

Well I finally made contacts at the bank and ordered my first ever box of halves which should be coming in very soon. Question is, what do I do with the "givebacks" I live in San Francisco and none of the banks in the area have the coin machines for you to dump the coins into. Can I just put the "giveback" coins back into the rolls and haul the box back to my dump bank? Please help.

Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the link :) coincollector. The dump bank won't be the one I roder from, I was just wondering if its ok to come to that dump bank and hand off a box of checked coin to the teller?

Thanks!
 
You got some good information in the replies. Don't dump at your box buying branch or they will cut you off. You don't need to go in with a big story about your dumps. Some people think they have to. I just go in, tell them I have some rolled coin to turn in, ignore the occasional dirty look, ask for "5 large" and leave. See ya next week.............LOL
 
That link is being updated right now... more on gold coins being added.

Good luck!

-CC
 
Spend them! give them as tips, give them as allowance to the kids, put in the tithe plate at church, use them to buy soda and cigs at the convenience store, buy your movie tickets with them, use them to buy gas for the lawn mower.


When you put them back in circulation, there are all kinds of people who haven't seen them in a long time and will save them. Thus, you are less likely to see them again when you order from the bank.

Some cashiers don't like them, some cashiers LOVE them and will ask you to go back out to the car to get more.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom