riverfinds 022.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 552

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
I'll guess agate too! Put it in some bleach water for about 15 min. to kill the organic growth and then use a scrub brush with some grit like sand or mud to take that organic crud off. Looks like a nice rock now, but I can't wait to see a closer pic after it is cleaned.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
as per your request, here's a coupla new pics.

And thanks for the bleach tip :)

Attachments

• rockonrockoff 003.jpg
    rockonrockoff 003.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 490
  • rockonrockoff 001.jpg
    rockonrockoff 001.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 484
Upvote 0
OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Thanks Trish! I have so many rocks that I'm tinkering with the idea of slicing the rocks and using them in mosaics:)

Takoda...yep, it's a tiny teapot...it's the 2nd one I've found this past summer. I still have NO clue what the other 'thing' is next to it...by chance would you know?

Upvote 0
T

trish76642

I have so many rocks that I'm tinkering with the idea of slicing the rocks and using them in mosaics:)

Now thats an awesome idea! Bet it would be georgous!
Wished i had something to cut rocks with.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Trish, it's my powerful intention to own a wet saw, that day will come ;D

Calworks, yep, the mighty Indiana St. Joe! ha. Sorry if that disappoints ya, as it does most people due to the glacial drift curse.

Upvote 0
T

trish76642

vibes said:
Trish, it's my powerful intention to own a wet saw, that day will come ;D

Calworks, yep, the mighty Indiana St. Joe! ha. Sorry if that disappoints ya, as it does most people due to the glacial drift curse.

lol...i hear ya girl...maybe thats what i'll get hubby for christmas! So i can use it :wink:! LMAO!

Upvote 0

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
I'd love to have the lapidary shop the Army ran in Dugway Utah, 3 12 inch oil cool diamond saws, several smaller, faceting table, small wet saw, great set up. Sometimes with I'd brought my cousins stuff when he sold out

Upvote 0
OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
If I had a full set-up, I'd NEVER leave my house!!!!! Ok, I would leave but only to hunt and gather more rocks...LOL

Upvote 0
T

trish76642

vibes said:
If I had a full set-up, I'd NEVER leave my house!!!!! Ok, I would leave but only to hunt and gather more rocks...LOL
Just be careful that you dont loose a finger when you get that wet saw :-\

Upvote 0

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Great thing about the bigger saws is they are auto. just clamp the specimen in the vise and the saw does the rest, slowly but it gets it done

Upvote 0
T

trish76642

Calworks said:
Great thing about the bigger saws is they are auto. just clamp the specimen in the vise and the saw does the rest, slowly but it gets it done
Yea Tori, get one of those so i want worry about you cutting your fingers off....please!
Thats good to know Cal...thanks for the advice.

Upvote 0

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Not an expert but knowledgable from experience. Besides you know what an expert is...someone who thinks they know it all and are unwilling to learn anything new

Upvote 0
OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
trish, I truly like your energy...you be a good soul!

Calworks...by chance do you know how much a used wet saw would run???? Considering it's in decent condition, etc..

Oh, I found out that one piece in the original pic (first post), far left is a lead drain plug.

Upvote 0

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
brand new a small one runs around 100-$200 for about a 4 incher, 8 inchers probably $500-1000. I'd look on e-bay as there is always one for sale there, or google used lapidary saws, there are loads listed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
thanks! I'll give it a twirl!

And I am so challenged today...I meant the thing on the far right. Getting in touch w/ my inner ditz:)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions