What's new

kinda strange ( clean look at last post )

aa battery

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
10,646
Reaction score
3,258
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???
 

Attachments

  • z 052.webp
    z 052.webp
    140.9 KB · Views: 1,884
Upvote 0
Alnitak said:
This is a fly, not a bee. A bee has four wings, not two and there are a number of other differences. The fact that its a fly makes it even more unusual, IMO.

Jeff

Alnitak it's clearly a fly you are right. I'll make a little search now...
 
So I found this fly brooche that is an exact match to the design on your watch-fob, but this is the best I could do to now...

dunno 001+.webp

Found it here http://de.dawanda.com/product/14307657-Die-Fliege-Steampunk-Brosche-Messing-mit-Patina
It's described as a "brass brooche, "steamphnk style"(?) with a nice patina", no details on age, whether it's antique, modern or a modern repro, no backside pics, no details on markings etc.
But you could do a little inquiry with the seller, ask a question (I could translate if you want).
 
My last search for the symbolism of a fly is either as a symbol of evil (associated with the ancient god Beelzebub, later demonised in Christian religion and called "Lord of flies", the literal meaning of it's name http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beelzebub) or as an ancient egyptian symbol for "persistance in attacking the enemy" (http://www.erayo.com/MULTILANA-NEW-...klaces/Egyptian-FLY-Amulet-pendant-p19560.htm).

I think I'm not getting closer so I'll wait for someone else with a better solution.
 
Nice find, That fly reminds of the species of blood-sucking fly "Tabaniidea Family" March fly or Horse fly

tinpan
 
yaxthri said:
So I found this fly brooche that is an exact match to the design on your watch-fob, but this is the best I could do to now...




Found it here http://de.dawanda.com/product/14307657-Die-Fliege-Steampunk-Brosche-Messing-mit-Patina
It's described as a "brass brooche, "steamphnk style"(?) with a nice patina", no details on age, whether it's antique, modern or a modern repro, no backside pics, no details on markings etc.
But you could do a little inquiry with the seller, ask a question (I could translate if you want).
wow thats cool :thumbsup:
 
yaxthri said:
My last search for the symbolism of a fly is either as a symbol of evil (associated with the ancient god Beelzebub, later demonised in Christian religion and called "Lord of flies", the literal meaning of it's name http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beelzebub) or as an ancient egyptian symbol for "persistance in attacking the enemy" (http://www.erayo.com/MULTILANA-NEW-...klaces/Egyptian-FLY-Amulet-pendant-p19560.htm).

I think I'm not getting closer so I'll wait for someone else with a better solution.
evil?? thats all i need. :-\
 
tinpan said:
Nice find, That fly reminds of the species of blood-sucking fly "Tabaniidea Family" March fly or Horse fly

tinpan
evil blood sucking fly oh my.
 
This really weird mystery fly fob has to be one of the strangest finds ever posted on T Net .. not a big fan of the insect :icon_scratch: why would anyone want a disgusting , disease spreading , pest for a fob :dontknow:
 
CMDiamonddawg said:
This really weird mystery fly fob has to be one of the strangest finds ever posted on T Net .. not a big fan of the insect :icon_scratch: why would anyone want a disgusting , disease spreading , pest for a fob :dontknow:
wow thats wat the Warden calls me :laughing7:
 
aa battery said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
This really weird mystery fly fob has to be one of the strangest finds ever posted on T Net .. not a big fan of the insect :icon_scratch: why would anyone want a disgusting , disease spreading , pest for a fob :dontknow:
wow thats wat the Warden calls me :laughing7:
a disgusting pest is the least we can do for a lifetime sentence :D
 
yaxthri said:
My last search for the symbolism of a fly is either as a symbol of evil (associated with the ancient god Beelzebub, later demonised in Christian religion and called "Lord of flies", the literal meaning of it's name http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beelzebub) or as an ancient egyptian symbol for "persistance in attacking the enemy" (http://www.erayo.com/MULTILANA-NEW-...klaces/Egyptian-FLY-Amulet-pendant-p19560.htm).

I think I'm not getting closer so I'll wait for someone else with a better solution.
wow further reading beelzebub makes me feel uneasy
 
CMDiamonddawg said:
aa battery said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
This really weird mystery fly fob has to be one of the strangest finds ever posted on T Net .. not a big fan of the insect :icon_scratch: why would anyone want a disgusting , disease spreading , pest for a fob :dontknow:
wow thats wat the Warden calls me :laughing7:
a disgusting pest is the least we can do for a lifetime sentence :D
its hard work
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom