What's new

King George Half Penny

MichiganRob

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I sure don't know what this coin is doing here in Michigan, but that pounded park of mine sure gives up some surprises. This is a 1942 King George Half penny. I don't know very much about British coins but last week I found a 1948 King George penny from Canada. I think this coin is from England but I am not sure. It is about the size of an American Quarter.

HH
MichiganRob
 

Attachments

  • 42Georgehalfobverse.webp
    42Georgehalfobverse.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 383
  • 42Georgehalfreverse.webp
    42Georgehalfreverse.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0
Very nice find. Keep on looking.
 
crazyjarhead said:
Could have came back from WW2 :icon_scratch:

yeap Britsh & kept as a keepsake from WWII
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom