What's new

king george id needed 1600s?

70monte68

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
806
Reaction score
544
Golden Thread
1
Location
PA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
king george id needed 1600's?

Went out today and found three coins and a few buttons. All appear to be King George type, can anyone help with id'ing them especially the small one I can almost see the date. The only cleaning is with a dull toothpick.


Thanks
Don
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    65.9 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 6
Some clear pictures of the one side would help. They're old for sure though! Congrats on the coppers
 
2 halfpennies and a farthing.
 
Top left has the look of a state copper but I'd say Machins / George III. George II young head farthing at the top right. Most likely George II young head 1/2d at the bottom. Nice haul!
 
The farthing (a quarter or 'forthing' of a penny) is a George 2nd which dates it between 1727 and 1760. The halfpenny to the left of the farthing looks to be George 3rd which date it 1760 - 1820. There is not much value to them I'm afraid because of their condition but they are very nice finds.
 
No Georges in the 1600s as far as I know. You would have a William III if it's that old.
 
Tough condition, and a blurry pic makes it even harder... but the left side looks like George III (1770-1775) The Farthing is the young head George II (1730-1739) and the bottom Halfpenny also looks like a George II young head (1729-1739)
 
Hey Buckwheat, I mean Monte, nice coins you got there,vanzutphen
 
Tough condition, and a blurry pic makes it even harder... but the left side looks like George III (1770-1775) The Farthing is the young head George II (1730-1739) and the bottom Halfpenny also looks like a George II young head (1729-1739)

Agreed, other than the Geo III looks Counterfiet
 
Hey guys I didn't realize it was that blurry. What would be the next step in trying to clean or raise any high points. Thanks for all the responses!
 
id be careful w/cleaning. They look pretty crusty but take it slow and don't get too aggressive and you might get some detail off of them

awesome finds by the way!!
 
Thanks cjon455, I will
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom