What's new

KNEE PADS:

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
2,491
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Where does a person pic up those hard shell knee pads??,, really just need one ,,just cant seem to find any :icon_scratch: thanks , .


arthur
 
I have seen them at Lowe's and Home Depot.
 
As mentioned, Lowe's or Home Depot. Maybe try Harbor Freight if they are close by.
 
I got mine from Lowe's or Home Depot (can't remember for sure). As I recall they were around $20. Money well spent.
 
Yup, home depot has many different ones. Try them on first, they do not all fit alike.
 
I wear kneepads when it is damp to spare my knees in my jeans. Otherwise I have a garden pad I have a loop hooked onto that fits on my belt. I have two pairs of kneepads and they both crawl down around my shins when I walk. Very frustrating. I have put my knee down in a batch of sandburrs and wished I had my kneepads. One day I forgot my pad and my kneepads and hit some very good deep signals in a goat head patch. I never have got back to dig those, darn it. If you buy some, do try them on. Some cut off the circulation in your leg and others ride down like mine. I am still looking for a really comfortable pair. Monty
 
Try nursing supply stores...all head nurses use them, so I'm told. :thumbsup:
 
All real good advice,, will try these places out ,,thanks guys,,oh ya might even try the nurseing station at the local hospital!!! :wink:,,,


arthur
 
I used to use a cheap pair of garden knee pads but after a long day detecting they helped but I still got sore knees. I now use a pair I got at Lowes (gel center spot) and after a long detecting day, no problems at all, at least not with the knees. ;D
 
Any hardware store would have them. They are used by roofers all the time. Try Lowe's or Home Depot.
 
got mine at Walmart....Matt
 
I just carry a kneeling pad. The knee pads kill my legs and there is none that I have found that I can wear for more than a couple hours without them either falling down or cutting into the crease in the back of my leg.

HH,

Dave
 
drodda 777, that's exactly the problem and solution I spoke of. Monty
 
drodda777 said:
I just carry a kneeling pad. The knee pads kill my legs and there is none that I have found that I can wear for more than a couple hours without them either falling down or cutting into the crease in the back of my leg.

HH,

Dave

I solved the slipping down and discomfort problem by putting the pad on very loose but adding a lace from the top of the pad to a belt loop. I use a small bulldog clip to adjust the length. If you twist the lace around itself a few times before attaching the clip it stays in place even better (but was hard to see in the image).

In use when I bend down to set the detector beside the hole I hook my little finger behind the lace and pull the pad forward. This puts it right where it needs to be.

I blew the meniscus in my left knee (orthoscopic surgery has it better than it has been in years)in a traffic accident and have arthritis in both. I kneel on my right knee only and "hunker" with my left.

These are AWP pads with the hard front and gel insert. I redid several hardwood floors with chemical stripper and a hand-held drum sander and bought them for that, but they(it) works great for detecting.
 

Attachments

  • HPIM1396s.webp
    HPIM1396s.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 287
  • HPIM1403.webp
    HPIM1403.webp
    37 KB · Views: 292
I had purchased a pair of knee pads for my girlfreind on Valentines Day. She is no longer with me, would you like to purchase them? :o
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom