Smoogle
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jul 24, 2011
- Messages
- 814
- Reaction score
- 262
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- North Coast NSW.
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting


SODABOTTLEBOB said:Here's an example of a Sheffield Knife and Fork from the Civil War era. Notice the similar "pinch." However, this particular knife has the mount stem off-center, so it is not an exact match. I show it primarily to indicate the one in question "may" be Civil War era, or earlier.
SBB
The town / river of find in question was settled in approx 1870's, and blade was found at about 6 inches in low tide wet sand on the riverbank. I also found a ring in the same river nearby and feel it may be old too - I'll post it here now - it may be completely unrelated.... anyway stoked about the obvious age of the knife -
(Maybe) ?