What's new

Knob/handle for what?

IronSpike

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
3,142
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this piece which appear to be a knob/handle. Fitting is metal, knob is plastic with a glass insert.

Any ideas origin?
 

Attachments

  • Picture 054.webp
    Picture 054.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 265
  • Picture 055.webp
    Picture 055.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 254
  • Picture 057.webp
    Picture 057.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 251
Looks like the type of knob that clamps to a steering wheel. Steering wheel spinner.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks 72cheyenne. I think you're right on the spinner ID.
 
Upvote 0
Correct! Needs a check mark! Monty
 
Upvote 0
Yup , we use to call them suicide knobs . Illegal in many states .
 
Upvote 0
Seems odd there would be a hole in the center????
You would end up having to drill a hole in your steering wheel to mount it.
It does look like one, but I am not so sure now.


Tim
 
Upvote 0
Here's how they were attached.

Tony
 

Attachments

  • a1172.webp
    a1172.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 0
doublet2a said:
Seems odd there would be a hole in the center????
You would end up having to drill a hole in your steering wheel to mount it.
It does look like one, but I am not so sure now.


Tim

I think it would have had a looped band in it like this one. Worked kinda like a hose clamp. http://www.antiquewish-online.com/knobs/aw0908a.htm
untitled.webp

Oops, Tony beat me to it. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
OK,, I'll buy that, The ones i was looking at (And remember) mounted differently
Has screws on the outside diameter of the steering wheel and was in 2 even 3 pieces.
They must have been the cheap ones :tongue3:


Tim
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom