119.6 KB · Views: 1,582
Upvote 0

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Don't know without better pics (even then may not), but the Klan was most active between 1930s and 1960s. Pitiful existance, but there are still stragglers around. Put it aside and save it; your g-g-g-kids will have a "souvenir." Until then, it'll be a symbol of hatred, something we all hope will go away. -Noodle

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
I re-sized your pick for you and tried to sharpen it up but to no avail... 8)

I'm just curious as to what this token actually is - you have it listed here as a "Ku Klux Klan Token", but then you posted it two more times (with the exact same pic) as a "Swastika" Token.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,205655.0.html
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,205658.0.html

If you have a small tripod (even a balled up towel will work) - steady the camera on it and set the self timer for two seconds or so (make sure the camera is focused) - and see how that works. Once you get a clear shot posted up - someone should be able to i.d. it a lot easier... 8)

Attachments

• index.php (Small).jpg
    index.php (Small).jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,123

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i will get a picture up as soon as i learn about my new camera. but i found a old kkk keychain fob that is blank but it has line for the return if you find info for the owner the fella is on a horse wearing his uniform and wielding a sword on the front and says the imperial order of the white knights of the ku klux klan it came from the same lot as mt 100+ penny find and the united states army ring which i found the ring sunday with my new dfx 300 if any one has any info on the key fob let me know . please and thank you

OP
OP
ink-a-alot

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
olepossum said:
i will get a picture up as soon as i learn about my new camera. but i found a old kkk keychain fob that is blank but it has line for the return if you find info for the owner the fella is on a horse wearing his uniform and wielding a sword on the front and says the imperial order of the white knights of the ku klux klan it came from the same lot as mt 100+ penny find and the united states army ring which i found the ring sunday with my new dfx 300 if any one has any info on the key fob let me know . please and thank you
whats it made out of??

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find, I am sure it is a good collectible $$

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
This KKK token dates from 1926. Actually, it bears two dates, 1922 and 1926 (worn off on this one), which were the years that Hiram W. Evans served as Imperial Wizard. It's cataloged as #KK-220 in Birdsell's Ku Klux Klan Tokens. Metals: gold; bronze.

There is also an aluminum version with a blank reverse (possibly a trial piece or sample), cataloged as #KK-220.1

Pangus

Jul 2, 2005
Georgia
Odd as it may sound, thought I'd share my favorite KKK story....

hee hee

Attachments

• baxley.JPG
    baxley.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 953

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That may be worth some money someday...... or maybe it won't. I remember that one of the big guys used to live in Fallbrook, California.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread