What's new

kudos to Tesoro

eldorado

Full Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2009
Messages
143
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
I recently bought a Tesoro silver sabre II on feebay. got it in ok condition. few minor things needed technical attention. So I opted to send it back to Tesoro for service , R&R. I also told them I was not the original owner, and sent a good faith payment /check for 30.00 to cover costs or shipping.
I got a call today from tech Rusty , WOW tons of free information, and a sincere willingness to help more if I needed. He indicated I may get my check returned, depending what they find, told me a bit about the history of the silver sabre II and the years it was made. Just an amazing amount of help and knowledge, years of experience, willing to share with me. I was speechless .
I am so excited to get my siver sabre II back I cant wait. I am really astounded, I cant find the words to share my appreciation for such a great company. kinda brings a tear to my eye, seriously... renews my faith in america. With many jobs no longer here, most times ya cant even talk to a person, much less one that speaks good english, and a tesoro rep calls me and chats, just like we were old friends. thank ye thank ye thank ye
 
This kind of service from Tesoro is the norm compared to other companies. Garrett, and White's have good service and Minelab is improving again, but nobody beats Tesoro's warranty and help to other owners.
 
Its things like this that make it really difficult for me to even consider using another brand.
 
eldorado said:
..I got a call today from tech Rusty , WOW tons of free information, and a sincere willingness to help more if I needed. He indicated I may get my check returned, depending what they find, told me a bit about the history of the silver sabre II and the years it was made. Just an amazing amount of help and knowledge, years of experience, willing to share with me. I was speechless ..

Just a word about Rusty Henry:

Rusty Henry, has been the Tesoro Service Manager for the last 20-years. While some of you may not be familiar with Rusty, he is a living legend among metal detectorists and gold prospectors.

Rusty used his first metal detector in 1968, as a Navy Frogman on Underwater Demolition Team 22. That machine was built by Telex in New York, and cost the Navy a whopping $3,800.00 (about $10,000 today!). He got his first civilian detector, a Garrett Master Hunter BFO, in 1969.

From 1969, through 1974, Rusty was a Navy Seal Team 2 member, and averaged three-hours a day, 250-days a year detecting! By 1974, he had found over 500-rings, countless Civil War relics and over 50,000 coins!

After leaving the Navy in 1978, Rusty became Vice President of Bounty Hunter Inc, in Tempe, AZ. He hadnt been there long, when the first report of a gold nugget found with a metal detector in Australia came in. The nugget was found at Cue, in Western Australia. That first report was followed in weeks by even more spectacular finds there, and in Victoria.

Rusty folded his tent, and he and his family immigrated to Australia! He spent the next 10-years swinging a metal detector 8-10 hours a day, 200-250 days a year! It is estimated that by 1995, Rusty had over 35,000-hours of experience using metal detectors and gold nugget shooting.

While at his home on Thumb Butte, overlooking Prescott, Rusty showed me a 3.6-oz Australian nugget he found that is almost pure. The color is so rich and yellow, as to be almost impossible! He told us about a 17-pound patch he found! SEVENTEEN-POUNDS! And that was just one of the stories he shared! I was simply in awe of the gold, relics, coins and jewelry Rusty has in his collection.

It has been a lot of fun passing on the tips and tricks Rusty taught me! I also have a much greater understanding of how the Lobo SuperTraq automatic ground balancing works - and reacts, to different soil mineralization. Meeting Rusty, a true American hero and a legendary gold prospector, was a real honor for me. His knowledge, hospitality, and life experiences just blow you away, yet he is the nicest, most down-to-earth and giving man youll ever meet! - Terry
 
Hi Terry S. ! ;D

Thanks so much for the background on Rusty Henry (Tesoro Service Manager for the last 20-years).

Nice words of praise in your last paragraph ! Look up......I see that proverbial "umbrella of praise" over you too !

ToddB64
 
ToddB64 said:
Hi Terry S. ! ;D

Thanks so much for the background on Rusty Henry (Tesoro Service Manager for the last 20-years).

Nice words of praise in your last paragraph ! Look up......I see that proverbial "umbrella of praise" over you too !

ToddB64

You're welcome Todd, and thank you for the kind words. Here is a photo of Rusty and me at his home in Prescott, AZ. Rusty is holding the Australian 3.6-oz nugget! - T
 

Attachments

  • itty.webp
    itty.webp
    71 KB · Views: 505
Terry..........Nice photo of you and Rusty Henry ! That one gets printed, framed and hung on the wall in my Metal Detecting Den room ! :icon_thumright:

Thanks,
Todd
 
well got a call from rusty today, my silver sabre II is done!!!!! ye ha.. gonna be getting it back in a few days. I have no doubt it will be just fine, better than new.. I will let ya'll know how it runs , next week.. Thanks Rusty,, and thank you tesoro..
 
Well, well well,,, I had a box on my front porch today... just as I thought, a refurbished Tesoro detector. First light I will be hunting . I am like a kid on christmas eve... I want to thank tesoro AGAIN!! and special thanks to Rusty. by the way thanks for the bounus , Happy Camper.....I wanted to post pic. cant figure it out,, so-long friends
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom