L-rod "how to" questions...

Staroleum

Greenie
Nov 11, 2005
Portland, OR
L-rod "how to" questions...

I've read stories about water locaters, and I do think that there's something to it.
I would like to give dowsing a try in locating rocks and minerals. In Oregon, a lot of the good rockhounding sites require digging to make a find.

I've cut a couple of coat hangers into L shapes and experimented with them, and my first question is this:

Don't the L-rods just swing according to how level I am holding them?
In other words, when I tip my hands upward, they swing to towards me, and when I tip my hands forward, they swing directly straight in front of me...

I've just been holding the rods in my hands, but I am considering making holders for them, maybe out of copper pipe, or the ceramic tubes that were used in the old style knob-and-tube wiring (I have a few of those laying around unused.)

I've looked around on the net a bit and found some ok sites, but if anyone here who is knowledgable can steer me towards a site that they have found useful, that discusses construction and use of the rods, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,
S.

OP
OP
Staroleum

Staroleum

Greenie
Nov 11, 2005
Portland, OR
Re: L-rod "how to" questions...

An idea I wanted to add: since I'm unsure if the rods are really moving to indicate something; or if I am simply wobbling as I walk and not holding them level - - - I've heard that you can simply hold a coat hanger in it's original shape, to try to replicate the action of the storied forked stick or willow branch.

Just hold the hanger by the corners with the hook part pointing away from you.

It's not that I'm drinking and dowsing ... it's just that I'm not sure I'm holding the L rods at level.
Hence, when I start my experiments again, I'm going to check out some version of the forked branch as a dowsing instrument.

Best,
S.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Re: L-rod "how to" questions...

Hey Staroleum .....Go to the Pro-Dowsing forum above and look at the thread called Want to try Dowsing......I hold the rods with my tips slighty down. Went you first start they will move a lot .......Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions