~Art~
Re: L-rod Technique: It's a Hoax
Reply To This Topic #56 Posted Today at 01:27:05 pm
Quote Modify Remove

~EE~
It's not my fault that it's a hoax!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoax
~Art~
A hoax is a deliberately fabricated falsehood made to masquerade as truth.[1] It is distinguishable from errors in observation or judgment,[1] or rumors, urban legends, pseudosciences or April Fools' Day events that are passed along in good faith by believers or as jokes.[2]

So you are telling the Professional treasure hunters , others treasure hunters that have been mentioned in this thread and all the people they have sold treasure to over the years that they have been fooled by rumors, urban legends, pseudosciences or April Fools' Day events that are passed along in good faith by believers or as jokes...They will be glad to hear that as they spend all they imaginary money they have ...It is amazing that all these buyers are still in business...

I sure hope that my imaginary coin dealer is not reading this thread as I recovered one coin to day that I may want to sell..Art

~EE~
You're right, Art. I never should have said that LRLs are a hoax.
Hoax is definitely the wrong word. I'm sorry.
I should have used the word "fraud."
~EE~
So now you are sorry that you called all treasure hunters and all the businesses that take their money pseudosciences or April Fools' Day events..
That is just great

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner

~EE~
That mountain doesn't look very tall. But it does look steep.

The area you have marked looks like hard rock. Have you looked it over with binoculars? Is there a cave there? Or a depression that looks like a pit was dug, then washed out a little by rain?
It is just a high desert mountain...I have looked at it with binoculars and see no caves...These kind of mountains never get very much rain..Snow yes but not a lot to created a bunch of run off..Steep yes..It is decomposed granite where you take one step up and ½ step backwards...Art

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~
That mountain doesn't look very tall. But it does look steep.

The area you have marked looks like hard rock. Have you looked it over with binoculars? Is there a cave there? Or a depression that looks like a pit was dug, then washed out a little by rain?
It is just a high desert mountain...I have looked at it with binoculars and see no caves...These kind of mountains never get very much rain..Snow yes but not a lot to created a bunch of run off..Steep yes..It is decomposed granite where you take one step up and ½ step backwards...Art

How do you suppose the robbers got up there to bury it?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

~EE~
How do you suppose the robbers got up there to bury it?
I would think it was on horse back..I have no idea of what it looked like in 1880

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia

aarthrj3811 said:
~EE~
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoax
A hoax is a deliberately fabricated falsehood made to masquerade as truth.[1] It is distinguishable from errors in observation or judgment,[1] or rumors, urban legends, pseudosciences or April Fools' Day events that are passed along in good faith by believers or as jokes.[2]

So you are telling the Professional treasure hunters , others treasure hunters that have been mentioned in this thread and all the people they have sold treasure to over the years that they have been fooled by rumors, urban legends, pseudosciences or April Fools' Day events that are passed along in good faith by believers or as jokes...They will be glad to hear that as they spend all they imaginary money they have ...It is amazing that all these buyers are still in business...

I sure hope that my imaginary coin dealer is not reading this thread as I recovered one coin to day that I may want to sell..Art

Sorry art none of those coins look to be worth any thing. what year are each of the coins?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

~werleibr~
Sorry art none of those coins look to be worth any thing. what year are each of the coins?
Sorry I don’t have that information..Every thing except for the 1940’s Nickel under the penny have already been dumped into my big jar of coins...Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread