Labyrinths near San Francisco.....

Rowdy Yates

Nov 15, 2006
Coulterville, California
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
These are cool......

There's two in the pic, and three more located within Sibley Volcanic Regional Park in the Oakland Hills...

I've walked one of them... it's kinda' like MDing... you walk for 20 minutes or so and never get further than 30 feet from where you started!!! :D

Anyway,

Enjoy!!

Rick

*edit-Well, couldn't get it right......I saved the file as a .kml, but it doesn't take me to where I wanted...I'll keep trying.....

*edit number 2-Well, I guess I still don't know what I'm doing....... I've saved the "labyrinth.kml" file twice now (after locating the area I want in Google Earth), but loading the file still takes me to somewhere high over Africa..... Can somebody help???

Thanks,

Rick

Attachments

• Labyrinth.kml
    9.8 KB · Views: 346

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Rick,
If nothin' else, you could post the latitude and longitude and whoever wanted to could find it from there. I gotta admit, I still don't know how to save even a picture from Google Earth, let alone the kml file :-[

I'm lookin' forward to seeing it, though, however it happens.

HH
Nan
:D

luckysgirl

Jul 26, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hi Rick,

With a name like Rowdy Yates I was curious to know if you are originally from Indiana?

OP
OP
Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Nov 15, 2006
Coulterville, California
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Hi Nan,

Well I've tried and tried (even the Lat. and Long. puts me about 40 miles away)....guess it'll have to be my secret.

Anyway, if you use Google Earth to travel to Robert Sibley Volcanic Regional Preserve, CA it gets you close to the labyrinths. You could probably find them on your own from there. Try a little to the north, then east along some dirt trails.

Hi Luckysgirl,

Naw, never been to Indiana. Rowdy Yates was Clint Eastwood's character in Rawhide..... You know, "Head 'em up, Move 'em out...)

Rick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread