old bridge?

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Does this look like an old bridge to you guys? I have been told that is is there but never been there, and the source is questionable at best. But it looks like he was telling the truth! I know that the lot above my marker used to be a trailer park, but they closed it because the land was contaminated or something and nobody has bought it since it was closed. The "bridge" is between a golf course and a church and I am pretty sure that technically it is on the golf course's land. But it's in the woods so it would be like MDing in the middle of the 9th or something.

It looks too like you can see where the road may have gone a long time ago. I was told that the bridge was made completely of stone. The problem is that I was also told that a lot of kids used to play back there. That can be good, but it also almost certainly means lots of trash. But then again it is also right near route 1, which is a good sign too as far as I am concerned, taking into account the age of the road.

What say you? P.S. in case you don't see it already, it is just to the left of my pin marker.

Edit was to add the kml file. sorry, posted my topic before I read that rule.

Attachments

• old-bridge.jpg
    old-bridge.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 3,516
  • old bridge.kml
    668 bytes · Views: 259

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
??? Can't be sure, but it may have been a Bridge strictly for Pedestrians! Possibly, people would have stood on it & tossed coins over the side

kind of like a Wishing Well! Just a guess!

Joe

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
I w0uld definately say that,
YES!
It's a bridge of some sort ...
You Need to get In there and check it out !
Finding, Just One Old Coin, could pay off your Mortage ! :o
That would "make your day" :o
Wouldn't it ;D

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
cptbil said:
I w0uld definately say that,
YES!
It's a bridge of some sort ...
You Need to get In there and check it out !
Finding, Just One Old Coin, could pay off your Mortage ! :o
That would "make your day" :o
Wouldn't it ;D
Yes, and then some!! I was just looking at the PCGS website, and an 1820 gold coin is valued at $6 M!!! many of those early ones are starting at $80K apiece. Me, I rent, so once I found one of these pre-CivilWar gold coins I would first have to GET a mortgage just to get the satisfaction of paying it of!! LOL ;) There are likely HUNDREDS of wooden bridges that do not exist anymore across the Eastern states. These are PRIME hunting grounds for MD-ers!steven.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions