Lafitte sails West

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
Went over to a park west of me that I'd been researching. Property was given the city city in 1907 with a clause expressing the it would only ever be used as a park. No development.
Scouted mostly, hunted a few a areas that looked interesting. Just clad and doodads, but the clad was getting older the farther I went in. Oldest is a 1966 nickel and 1968 dime. The one doodad looks like it might have begun life as a spoon. Know Idea what the other 2 might have been.
Kataz-002.jpg

The park now
WPark1now.jpg

The park way back when
WParkthen.jpg

Upvote 0

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Awesome pictures! The whatsit at the bottom of your first picture looks like one of those key things that open sardine cans. You know, you wind the lid around it to open it. That's just MHO though.

vicki

OP
OP
Lafitte

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
vic910 said:
Awesome pictures! The whatsit at the bottom of your first picture looks like one of those key things that open sardine cans. You know, you wind the lid around it to open it. That's just MHO though.

vicki

I think you're right. I looked at it and was curious that one end seemed hollow. Just goes to show that even "junk" can be interesting. :) Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread