What's new

Lake Delton, WI

Photoflash

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
21
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Little Canada, MN
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher Pulse 8/Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
About a year or more ago, due to rains and the failure of an earthen dam, Lake Delton drained out.

Anyone on this forum do any detecting at that time? I'm curious as one of our local lakes is super low and wondering if the deep muck might yield some treasure.

I suspect if the lake stayed drained for a while, or perhaps still is, there may have been some great detecting possibilites.
 
Upvote 0
I have found my local drained swimming holes to be very good for jewelry and coins, but trashy. Niffler
 
I've had good luck just down from my swimming hole ,a $5 bill there on sunday.
 
I think it was hit pretty hard that first year and year after Wisconsin passed its stupid law which cut off detecting to ALL bodies of water including all lakes.

As to muddy shorelines and low lakes, they can be great hunting. It can be pretty tough digging through that mud, which doesn't shake or wash out well, but I've found quite a few 100 year old coins that way. Only way to find out about your lake is to give it a shot and see what you find.
 
I live here and i never heard of this. would like more info ...............Wisconsin passed its stupid law which cut off detecting to ALL bodies of water including all lakes.

If this is the case we have thousands upon thousands of people in violation of hunting water of any kind hummmmmmmmmmmm
 
It's True....but....the law pertains to lakes and waterways which are "Navigable". The Four Lakes Metal Detecting Club in Madison is working hard to get the law changed. Go to their web site to read about the lobbying efforts. I believe any areas like swimming holes are not banned.

I any case always ask permission. Best of luck to all.

3 Qtr
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom