Lake George N.Y. Lure ID

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This lure was found in Lake George in upstate New York around 40 years ago. While vacationing at the lake we would take a day and do underwater dock repair, recovery, whatever at a Friends house in return for letting us keep our boats at their dock. To the one side of the main dock and boathouse they complained of constantly hitting something when coming in to dock their boats. Threw on the tanks to check it out….. turned out to be a long forgotten remains of a crib dock. We tied a nylon strap around the large rocks and pulled them to the shoreline with a Jeep. When we got some of the rocks cleared we came across the logs the main frame of the crib dock and planking. While my Buddy and I were clearing the planks I turned a plank over and there were 3 lures laying on the piece of wood under the plank we just cleared like someone just sat them there yesterday! The Family that live there have been there for generations and don’t even remember a dock there so it was pretty old. I kept one and one to my Dive Buddy and one to the homeowner. I put the ring and hook on. Any ideas? Thanks.
27E1C50B-E4A1-473D-8D3B-7F6A7E276015.jpeg
2D035490-D584-44BC-AE7F-36F07B3186CF.jpeg

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This lure was found in Lake George in upstate New York around 40 years ago. While vacationing at the lake we would take a day and do underwater dock repair, recovery, whatever at a Friends house in return for letting us keep our boats at their dock. To the one side of the main dock and boathouse they complained of constantly hitting something when coming in to dock their boats. Threw on the tanks to check it out….. turned out to be a long forgotten remains of a crib dock. We tied a nylon strap around the large rocks and pulled them to the shoreline with a Jeep. When we got some of the rocks cleared we came across the logs the main frame of the crib dock and planking. While my Buddy and I were clearing the planks I turned a plank over and there were 3 lures laying on the piece of wood under the plank we just cleared like someone just sat them there yesterday! The Family that live there have been there for generations and don’t even remember a dock there so it was pretty old. I kept one and one to my Dive Buddy and one to the homeowner. I put the ring and hook on. Any ideas? Thanks. View attachment 2061747 View attachment 2061748
They still make these. Not crazy old.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ACME Tackle (think Coyote from the Road Runner cartoons). $3.50 can get you a new one.

43159_source_1666928163__91225.1666976466.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread