Status
Not open for further replies.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I have been alive I have seen the world population more than double from 3 billion to over 6 billion. Soon or later we are going to run out of water. What should we do about that? Leave it for our grandchildren or great grandchildren to deal with it? And that's not a "liberal talking point", that is a scientific reality and a human talking point. :sad5:
Still a Liberal talking point,the question was,what to do about Lake Mead drying up,not the world population.You didn,t answer the question about what to do about the people there.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple! Find a way to convince policy makers and companies like Lockheed Martin they can turn it into a extortion effort.

The “plans” would come out of the wood work like bills out of one of those “make it rain” money shooting guns.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill never understand how so many businesses continue their automatic sprinkler systems even when its raining ??? . Its that kind of ignorance that helps to hurt us on top of the fact that people just dont use their heads .
I,m in full agreement with that.Still not an answer to the current problem.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
toilet to tap is one way of conserving water, limiting development is another because you can't put the genie back in the bottle once he's out.

those aren't "liberal" talking points, they're facts but in order to fix a problem you have to acknowledge the entirety of it and I'm not going there in this thread. As a hint though, look at what's happening in Italy, India, Bangledesh.
I,ve never paid any attention to you davest,so I,m not going to now.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree and I'm not suggesting that anyone move out. But, when you have people moving to the desert from non-desert climes and start planting plants that are not indigenous to the region including lawns that have to be watered on a daily basis they become part of the problem.
That,s a valid point. No argument. Still doesn,t get to the gist of the problem,how to alleviate the current shortage.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I have been alive I have seen the world population more than double from 3 billion to over 6 billion. Soon or later we are going to run out of water. What should we do about that? Leave it for our grandchildren or great grandchildren to deal with it? And that's not a "liberal talking point", that is a scientific reality and a human talking point. :sad5:
That,s still not an answer to the question,what about the people there now? What do you intend to do about them?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conserve water more! :BangHead:
Got to have some water to conserve,at this time conservation may delay the end but not stop it. Still haven,t answered the question about what you intend to do about the people there? Let them die?Move them out? Figure out a way to get surplus water to them? Platitudes aren,t going to do much for them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The evaporation rate would have an impact on how much water would actually reach the west. Plus going over the rocky mountains would be very expensive. so I doubt the project could be done even for $14 billion.:treasurechest:
The route would be across southern Colorado and Utah, with a max elevation of 3700 feet to end in Lake Powell.

As the water continues to drop there will come a point where Hoover dam can no longer produce electricity too.

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a thought! Maybe we should try to do more about eliminating air pollution so that we can stem or maybe even reverse climate change! :tongue3:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember, this is NOT the politics forum, please post by our rules.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a thought! Maybe we should try to do more about eliminating air pollution so that we can stem or maybe even reverse climate change! :tongue3:
Maybe try answering the question,what do we do about the current problem,Lake Mead? Look it up,air pollution in the US is down greatly compared to earlier years.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you going to do about China and India? The 2 biggest contributors to "so called climate change".The US has cleaned up it,s air exponentially as compared to the past.Try again on the question,what do we do now to alleviate the Lake Mead problem?

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are CONSERVING the FLOOD waters of the Midwest and redirecting it to the west.

Why just let it runoff into the Gulf of Mexico?
Because the runoff contains soil that the river picks up during it's run to the Gulf. That soil helps to rebuild the delta region at the mouth. Without the delta the southern states bordering the river will have worse flooding than they already suffer from during hurricanes.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because the runoff contains soil that the river picks up during it's run to the Gulf. That soil helps to rebuild the delta region at the mouth. Without the delta the southern states bordering the river will have worse flooding than they already suffer from during hurricanes.
You,re not going to take enough water from the Mississippi to affect the delta.At flood stages the volume of water passing by here exceeds 1 million cubic feet per minute. The Missouri has similar flows.The Arkansas exceeds 750,000.The uptake of water to send West doesn,t have to be constant,fill the reservoirs at peak flood stage,once the reservoirs are full then institute your strict conservation measures since you then have something to conserve.But wait! Didn,t those people living in the Gulf states know they were living in and moving to a zone frequently buffeted by hurricanes? According to your logic on people moving to the West knowing they were moving to an arid desert area,they caused their own problems,right?

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you fill the reservoirs back to capacity and institute your strict conservation measures,it becomes a relativly simple matter to keep them at capacity,only drawing water from the rivers at flood stages to do this.No lack of water going to the Gulf. At some stage,and this,like all climate predictions,is a guess,the drought is going to break,lessening the need to remove water and send West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread