What's new

Lakota Photo Gallery

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
3,005
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
Awesome. I love Native American history and these pictures were great.
 
Those are great. I wish I could find more of my history. Thanks alot, Tony
 
Thanks for the link great photos .
 
NCPeaches, I Really enjoyed those pics. Are you the one that posted all the similar pics a couple years ago. I would really like to see those again. Are they still available?
 
Thanks for the link , awesome period photo's , gives a great insight into the native American way of life ..cheers Mick
 
NCPeaches, I Really enjoyed those pics. Are you the one that posted all the similar pics a couple years ago. I would really like to see those again. Are they still available?

No that wasn't me...sorry...and I'd like to see those too
 
Those are great. I wish I could find more of my history. Thanks alot, Tony

Tony, I know what you mean, I wish I could find the connection to my Great Grandmother's Shoshoni people. They really went to great pains to hide their race and it's hell on a genealogist to link up with them. I was actually researching the Catawba and Cherokee when I ran across this site.
 
Both of my Great grandmothers were Native American. When they came into the family their past was erased. Being Indian was not a good thing back then. Tony
Tony, I know what you mean, I wish I could find the connection to my Great Grandmother's Shoshoni people. They really went to great pains to hide their race and it's hell on a genealogist to link up with them. I was actually researching the Catawba and Cherokee when I ran across this site.
 
Those are some really great pictures. A couple of things that caught my eye were the many medals with a presidents likeness on them, the law enforcement badges and what looked liked shells sewn onto clothing.
 
Those are some really great pictures. A couple of things that caught my eye were the many medals with a presidents likeness on them, the law enforcement badges and what looked liked shells sewn onto clothing.

Yep...interesting huh. The footwear is interesting in some of them too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom