Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been hunting this area for 4 years. My buddy usually gets the artifacts, and I left with agates and Jasper's.

He was distracted, and walked right this orange beauty. I knew right away it was special.

My whole life, they tell me the natives in seattle didn't use arrowheads....

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for looking. Really special to me.

Upvote 14

scepter1

May 17, 2011
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Natives in the Northwest, including Seattle, used arrowheads. I can't imagine why anyone would say differently! But as Gator said, your artifact is too large to be an arrowhead. Need photos of the other side. I also find a lot of cores/chips/flakes that were used as quick and dirty sharp edged tools and not "finished".

Rich.

TimberCrack

Jul 30, 2013
wyoming
Detector(s) used
white's 6000/D coin master
White's MXT
Garrettt ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The correct term is PROJECTILE POINT......the first projectile points were used on Spears...then came the ATLATL which is still used by aboriginal tribes which was a point on a for-shaft and aided by a spear thrower(Atlatl) then the bow and arrow was the last invention. Here on the North American continent according to archeologists the bow was invented in just the last 2 thousand years..

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice agate. It is a material I do not see here. I would be pumped as well. Very nice knife/tool. I like them best as they often evolved with use and wear.

Gator is correct that bows are a pretty recent invention in the scheme of things in your area or North America. Nice piece for the collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread