Large arrow head or tree shaped rock?

littledb26

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I found this up in New Hampshire about 4" down. I have never found anything like this before so I have no idea what it is. I showed it to several people, most of them said it looked to be a very old spearhead or arrow head, one person said it was a coincidence. I have no idea, any thoughts? Thanks!

20150424_133413~2.jpg 20150424_133406~2.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

littledb26

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, unfortunately nothing in my life is that simple. Thanks for all the advice, info, etc. I wish I could go back and look for more or something similar but it's about a 90 minute drive and time is an issue right now. I love it and it is the closest I've come to finding an arrowhead so I shall keep it safe and close! Many thanks again, Denise

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I had a hard time finding my first arrowhead. I really didn't know what to look for or where. My dads friend was a arrowhead hunter and showed my dad some pointers on hunting artifacts and then he showed me. As I got into it I found that there were books that really help me in finding sites and where to look. Finding plowed fields along rivers,lakes ,ponds , streams are usually going to lead you to a site where artifacts can be found. Here in Vermont black chert and white quartz chips and flakes are a key. Once you locate these chips the arrowheads aren't far from them. New Hampshire has less farm land depending on where you live so it may be harder to find hot spots. Im sure there are books where sites have been logged that can get you in the right spots. Best bet ( Plowed fields near water )

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to pull one out of a case for this I just want to show an example on how harsh the elements can be on material this is chert and it's almost been wiped clean I've actually seen worse than this found on a beach

ForumRunner_20150430_174241.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread