What's new

Large Cent and a Robinsons Extra button

AP552

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
84
Reaction score
265
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeastern Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
AT max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out tonight for a little bit and managed to pull a pretty toasted Large Cent and a pretty cool button from a potatoe field that dates back to the early 1800s. The back of the button reads Robinsons Extra. I've found plenty of old buttons in this field but I've never seen on like this. If anyone has any info on it I'd love to hear it. I've been searching the Internet for a matching button but no luck so far. Thanks for looking. HH

image.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 16
I don't have any info yet, but it is a great looking button.
 
Is that a steam engine depicted on your button?
 
It does look like an early fire engine on the button
 
Think it's 1830s 40s not sure on design probably civilian but could be someone who worked for a train company. Never seen one that early. Mine is close but newer train late 1800s. Nice finds hh
 
That is a really cool button!
 
Sweet button... you ran into the issue i have with my button known maker but can't find it listed
 
Nice old finds.
Any date on that LC??
 
That is a great button. Would be pleased to find one of those. Congrats. :thumbsup:
 
No date on the large cent that I can see, haven't cleaned it, I've learned my lesson and ruined to many coins, gonna leave it as is. I did find another large cent about two days prior to this one, same field but much better condition. That one was from 1822.
 
being A Baltimore boy , it looks like the Train engine Tom Thumb 1830s
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom