What's new

Large Copper, IH, store card today!

postalgriff

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2008
Messages
2,801
Reaction score
1,093
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got out and wasted a couple of hours with FFD at ella sharp today :laughing7: when we parted ways I stopped at an old farm house off a dirt road and asked permission to hunt. "sure go right ahead" (that's 8 yes's out of 9 requests this year :headbang: ) Anyway only had about 45 minutes and I would have been late for supper, but I managed my oldest US coin...an 1835 Largie! ...also a beauty 1865 IH and a 1863 store card (which I haven't been able to find an exact match yet) No peroxide needed for either of those. The LC was down 12 inches! the other 2 were right about 7-8 inches. Thanks for looking all, HH! Griff
 

Attachments

  • 5-2.webp
    5-2.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 5-2 dirty.webp
    5-2 dirty.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 5-2 LC.webp
    5-2 LC.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 5-2 LC back.webp
    5-2 LC back.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 5-2 store card.webp
    5-2 store card.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 5-2 store card back.webp
    5-2 store card back.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 5-2 IH.webp
    5-2 IH.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 229
WOW, those are some great finds! Guess I'm going to have to get the nerve to ask
 
See J, I turn my back for a minute and you hog all the good finds! Well at least I got to keep my one zincoln and morel mushroom, lol.
After seeing those coins I'm severely depressed and extremely envious! Congrats on the sweet turnover on such a short hunt, hope you get a chance to go back, there's got to be some more oldies where those came from! ffd
 
Awesome finds bro!! Big congrats on that early LC :headbang:. Love the store card which is in great shape. :hello2: Nice score on the old IH also. You found a great yard there. WTG :thumbsup:
 
Very Cool!

Congrats!!!

Still getting vicarious thrills!!!

Good Luck,
Mark
 
Wow. that is a great bunch of finds!! Congrats on your oldest!!! The storecard is an R2 in Fulds token book ( rated on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being rarest). I love finding those!!! Your on a roll. You gotta get back to that place!! hh dan
 
Love those old yards. Congrats on finding some VERY cool coins and the store card is awesome. Store cards are one of my favorite things to find. Yours is in great shape too. :hello2: That indian is super nice. Ya gotta love our Michigan soil. And the large cent!! Congrats on that beauty. :headbang: That had to be a blast. How ya liking that minelab. :laughing7: 12 inches!!
 
Jim C. said:
Love those old yards. Congrats on finding some VERY cool coins and the store card is awesome. Store cards are one of my favorite things to find. Yours is in great shape too. :hello2: That indian is super nice. Ya gotta love our Michigan soil. And the large cent!! Congrats on that beauty. :headbang: That had to be a blast. How ya liking that minelab. :laughing7: 12 inches!!
thanks guys....yeah Jim lovin the minelab....my Whites would have never picked up that LC at that depth.....makes me want to go back and hit all the spots I've ever been just to see what I missed. I'm not exaggerating on the depth either, it wasnt a great signal but it sounded decent one way once out of every 4 or so passes, and after I dug about 9 inches or so and was picking it up with the probe I had to keep digging with my bare hands another couple inches to get it out. HH all....hope everybody is getting out, might be a while before I'm out again, but these keepers will hold me over for a bit.
 
Some awesome digs....the store card is a major :icon_thumleft:
 
Congrats on all the beauties, J! :icon_thumright: Excellent old LC, store card, and Indian. :hello2: You better hit that yard again.

Glad you're getting out and liking your Minelab. I've been too busy to get out much. :P

HH
 
Awesome digs! my favorite kind! :icon_thumleft:
Interesting thing! I have a few 1865 IH's and know many who have found them.
I wonder if the alloy was different that year, because most of them I have seen look very nice. Just like yours! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:
 
Beautiful coins, thats some great hunting, Congrats! :headbang:

Good luck,
HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom