Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out with Ironhorse yesterday to a favorite old area which is expanding with some further exploration. Is Deusation a word? It will be now! :headbang:

We picked away at three new early sites, and this is on top of the multiple other hot spots we have that are all walking distance, so will be a great little circuit for us each year when the conditions are good. Got off to a good start at site number one, dug the usual and 4 of my 6.5 coppers, and once it started to get a little quiet we took a walk and found site #2. Shortly after that the cold pouring rain accompanied by some strong winds showed up, and we both realized we had under-dressed leaving the car, but we still hunted about another hour and a half. Fortunately the rain stopped, but it was a very cold rest of the day.... but worth it! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately this area is not much of a producer for early military buttons, and the real sad part is the sites were/are loaded with flat buttons. Early silver is rare there too, so I was asking myself the night before that if I was going to make a decent find what would be in the form of -- if not either of those. And I did get my answer.... my first Fugio Cent. :headbang: When I got home I could only see a trace of detail and didn't pay much attention, but what I could see didn't seem to make sense to me so I cleaned it up a bit and the rings then appeared. Good surprise as I haven't dug an Early American copper in a very long time. Other coins are a 1769 Hibernia Halfpenny, George II & III British halfpennies, and a Conder and Hardtimes token. Next hunt we plan to be back in a more military button friendly area... and that's good cuz I need a fix!

Attachments

• 7800.jpg
    7800.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 7801.jpg
    7801.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 7802.jpg
    7802.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 7803.jpg
    7803.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 7804.jpg
    7804.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 25
Sweet finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Congrats on a fine hunt. Do you happen to know what the thin bent copper item is just below the crotal bell? I dug one of those at an early site and was wondering what it may be.

That's a killer coin buddy. I'd love to add a Fugio to the collection

Excellent hunt IP. That’s an incredible assortment of copper. I’m glad to see you scoring nicely before the freeze.

Congrats on a fine hunt. Do you happen to know what the thin bent copper item is just below the crotal bell? I dug one of those at an early site and was wondering what it may be.

Would assume it's an early drawer handle.

Nice going on the Fugio Cent! Thought you had it on the bucket list of coppers mentioned earlier this year. Great to see you getting a hunt in before the cold snap arrives. It's been -temps for two days now.

Wow, to dig one large cent is amazing, but that many is a dream! Congrats on having that kind of day!!

The Fugio is great surprise to see!
and the condor token is a nice new one to see as well!

the whole area surrounding the first site we ever hunted there fifteen years ago is starting to put a picture together of the community that was there 200 years ago, I'm sure there still another killer site waiting to be found

Congrats on the Fugio. I was ecstatic earlier this year when I dug my first Flying Eagle Penny. I can't imagine what it would feel like to dig a Fugio.
Congratulations on an excellent hunt.

Nice Fugio and the other coppers are great too.

Congrats on your first Fugio IP. :occasion14: Some sweet finds there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back