What's new

Large Dollars (Update)

JasonB

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
750
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
One of my banks just told me that in addition to my normal two boxes of halfs, they have 70 'old large dollars' if I want them. I said yes of course.

I assume they are Ikes. Are some of the Ikes 40% silver? Can someone tell me which ones are?

Thanks,
JB.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Large Dollars

They have to have an 'S' mintmark, although not all 'S' mintmarks are silver. Some are proofs. You can tell by looking at the side or by the sound it makes against other coins. Good luck, hopefully some silver dollars in there!
 
Re: Large Dollars

Thanks, Phrostie. If they have S mintmarks I could probably weigh them also. Appreciate the info.

HH!
 
Re: Large Dollars

Thanks for the info.

Result: All common Ikes, no silver. I did get two boxes - skunks and 3 hand rolls - 1 Franklin, 1 '64, and 6 40%s.

JasonB
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom