What's new

Large Petrified Wood

fossis

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
7,837
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Location
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a 'Large Petrified Wood' piece, found in a local coal mine, the mine has now been fenced for a water
supply, there were hundreds of these found here.
I spent many enjoyable weekends hunting for Fossils here.

Fossis................
 

Attachments

  • mt pics 001.webp
    mt pics 001.webp
    95.5 KB · Views: 663
  • mt pics 002.webp
    mt pics 002.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 647
fossis,
Nice.
How big is that?

All good things must come to an end.

Thanks for posting.

have a good un....................
SHERMANVILLE
 
it is a good thing i didn't have any spinach i would have put it in truck
 
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
fossis,
Nice.
How big is that?

All good things must come to an end.

Thanks for posting.

have a good un....................
SHERMANVILLE

This piece is the size of a truck tire, but some I saw were larger.

Fossis................
 
PackRatFromOk said:
it is a good thing i didn't have any spinach i would have put it in truck

You would need 'several cans' for this one Popeye. ;D

Fossis..............
 
beautiful piece! My dad had a log he hauled all over the place as we moved...even the Alaska hwy both directions!! He had quite a pulley set up to get that doggone thing loaded each time too. lol I wonder if he still has it where he lives now. That is a beautiful piece you posted! Did you haul it off? :icon_scratch:
 
Mosasaurfiend said:
fossis said:
PackRatFromOk said:
it is a good thing i didn't have any spinach i would have put it in truck

You would need 'several cans' for this one Popeye. ;D

Fossis..............
And a larger trunk!! Great find, btw..

Roz

A larger truck for sure, Thanks.

Fossis.................
 
Cynangyl said:
beautiful piece! My dad had a log he hauled all over the place as we moved...even the Alaska hwy both directions!! He had quite a pulley set up to get that doggone thing loaded each time too. lol I wonder if he still has it where he lives now. That is a beautiful piece you posted! Did you haul it off? :icon_scratch:

I used to line the 'stumps' (I called them), in a row, between two trees, hang a chain from the trees, then
use a 'come-along' to raise them so I could back under them to take to sell or trade.
This piece is so large, i probably won't try to get it.

Fossis.................
 
aww c'mon...you know you wanna haul it off! :tongue3: That would be a very nice piece to have but dunno if I would manage to haul it off either. lol
 
Cynangyl said:
aww c'mon...you know you wanna haul it off! :tongue3: That would be a very nice piece to have but dunno if I would manage to haul it off either. lol

Pack rat wanted to try to get it, maybe we will.

Fossis............
 
irbaddadjoe said:
Looks like it was involved in a drive by stumping fossis. Still packing heat.

LoL ;D
 
Thats a big tree! Trees were as big as dinosaurs in those days! "The better to feed you with!"
 
Eager Beaver said:
Thats a big tree! Trees were as big as dinosaurs in those days! "The better to feed you with!"

These trees were supposed to be several million years before the Dino's, but who really knows?

Fossis..............
 
allen said:
that would be an awesome conversational
piece for your front yard !!

Yes it would, I have several only smaller in my collection.

Fossis.............
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom