What's new

Large Tearjerker

HeavyFletch

Full Member
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
116
Reaction score
182
Golden Thread
0
Found 100 yards from my home. If there was ever one I would like to have seen before it was broken, this would be it. White with a pinkish tint to it made me think it could have been heat treated before working. Extra large knife or ceremonial is what I always assumed.
 

Attachments

  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    24 KB · Views: 128
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
Looks like the disc got it. I find allot of them but only in pieces. At least you got most of it.
 
Looks like a large middle to late Woodland blade. Certainly earlier in the Woodland time frame is possible also. Large blades like that could be utilized functionally or could be ceremonial (Ross for example). Nice find.
 
Looks like a big ole turkey tail great find even broke boss !!!!
 
I like that last pic showing how thin it was. The maker knew how to work his material. A nice find for sure. Also a knife that big could have been broke long before a plow hit it.
 
Now I'm jealous; nothing here but cold & snow. You surely have an knack for finding the beautiful ones! The pink hue is epic. So happy for you. Kat :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom