Sep 22, 2008
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I VERY HIGHLY suggest you forget that and instead I recommend you get the WOT coil from COILTEC..........I can not recommend it high enough. on a 1- 10 scale it is at least a 11..........:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

In my opinion it is the best coil for the Sovereign, 15 inch wide, DD and a hot coil......... I own 2 Sovereign GTs, one custom for in the surf, and the other for land, both have their own WOT coil. A Sovereign with a WOT coil is a "Vaccum" at the beach :thumbsup:

Search for the reviews on the WOT coil......................

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
I VERY HIGHLY suggest you forget that and instead I recommend you get the WOT coil from COILTEC..........I can not recommend it high enough. on a 1- 10 scale it is at least a 11..........:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

In my opinion it is the best coil for the Sovereign, 15 inch wide, DD and a hot coil......... I own 2 Sovereign GTs, one custom for in the surf, and the other for land, both have their own WOT coil. A Sovereign with a WOT coil is a "Vaccum" at the beach :thumbsup:

I appreciate the suggestion you gave and will be looking into it very soon, I jst purchased a GT with the 10" coil and will be visiting Florida in a couple of weeks... what settings do you suggest on the beach for a beginner like me that won't have the opportunity to get on beaches before I go?

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Treasure_Hunter said:

Hi Treasure Hunter.....I'm Curious.....have you tried the 15"x12" S.E.F. coil? More importantly have you had the chance to compare the S.E.F coil to the WOT?....just curious....I mean....you sound so sure of the WOTs superiority over the S.E.F.....or is it just your opinion based on your great experience with the WOT.....inquiring minds want to know

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surfdigger, I have not personally used the 15"x12" S.E.F, I own both the WOT and the 18 inch EXcelerator from Kellyco, and I perfer the WOT over the EXcelerator. I also have friends who owned the Excelerator and sold theirs because they were not happy with the performance they got with the Excelerator.

My opinion is based on the Excelerator I owned, I belleve the WOT goes deeper and is a hotter coil then the EXcelerator, but then again, that is just my personal opinion......

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Ok THer....no problem....but just to inform you....the S.E.F. coil is being marketed under the excelerator brand and it is similar to those coils IN NAME ONLY. I have never been a big fan of many things sold by Kellyco or Kellyco themselves....but I have to give them credit where credit is due..... This coil is totally different....I like the WOT coil alot....but I prefer the S.E.F. coil for it's sensitivity to small gold over what I have experienced with the WOT coil....it's just a super hot coil....I appreciate your loyalty to the WOT just keep an open mind to the S.E.F......it's an exciting new tool and should be given a chance....JMHO....Brian

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surfdigger,

Thank you for the information. I based my original reply on it being part of the EXcelerator brand, I am always looking for ways to increase my beach finds. I will keep an eye on reviews for the S.E.F. coil. I have had very good luck with the WOT, but that doesn't mean if there is something better out there I'm not interested.

How is the S.E.F. on depth and and also on small gold chains?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions