digger dad

May 6, 2016
Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was my last day of vacation.. Back to the grind tomorrow. I wasn't going digging today I was just going to hang around the house with my son and nephew . We made it until about noon and my son made my day by asking " Dad can we go to the creek " I had already paced the floor and licked the windows enough .. I was in the truck with my At pro yelling at the boys to hurry up !! I decided to take them to the spot I found my first ever gold ring about a month ago . Boy I'm glad !!! I found my first bicentennial quarter ! I found wedding ring # 5 for the year a plain titanium FC band that shined up nice !! But the best find of the day was the best gold find for me to date it was a 1969 Massachusetts Institute of Technology class ring .I knew it was heavy and I knew it was 10 kt from the mark inside , but until I got home I didn't know how significant of a find it really was . This ring also known as the "Brass Rat " has its own wiki page that tells the whole story .. Apparently this school is for the genius type ! My son was so excited because this is the ring that Tony Stark weirs "AKA" Iron Man.. He thinks we found his most favorite super Heros ring !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    889.8 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 27
That's a honker! Bet the he guy was heart broken when he lost that....

How many grams in that critter? SWEET!!

That ring is King of the gold rings ! Great find !
Glen

Looks like it may have initials on it. If so, good luck tracking down the owner

It does have initials and last name so I am very optimistic on the return !! I did some online research but that didn't give me anything. Hopefully the school can provide me with some info ..

It does have initials and last name so I am very optimistic on the return !! I did some online research but that didn't give me anything. Hopefully the school can provide me with some info ..

I don't comment on what people do with their finds until I know their intentions. I feel this way. If you want to return rings that is great. I have always done it. If you don't it is your business and yours only. I stay friends with others because they don't criticize me and I don't them because of their beliefs. Good luck on finding the owner. I know some tricks if you need help.

What a beautiful old gold ring, congratulations and good luck in finding the owner! :occasion14:

I don't comment on what people do with their finds until I know their intentions. I feel this way. If you want to return rings that is great. I have always done it. If you don't it is your business and yours only. I stay friends with others because they don't criticize me and I don't them because of their beliefs. Good luck on finding the owner. I know some tricks if you need help.
Thnks scuba !! This is only my second class ring. And if you guys saw the last post .. I know and instill in my son the right thing to do !! That being said this one will break my heart to let go but it is what it is I knew that when I shared the pics ! I'm am confident that the school will point me in the direction I need to to go . But I do appreciate the offer and if need be I will take you up on it .

That thing is a beast!!

Wow,large chunk of yellow!

Sweet! You found a gold "Grad Rat" ring! The old ones like this are the best in my opinion. Cong"rats"! :laughing7::treasurechest::occasion14:

That is one serious ring! Congrats on a great find, and good luck on the return.

What a show stopper,congrats on your ring and kudos to you for trying to return it to the owner.

I am sure you will be able to find the owner for a quick return on that ring

Congratulations on finding probably the largest, most beautiful gold ring of your lifetime! Should you choose to track down the owner, realizing that he is probably around 69-70 years old now, it would be worthy of a local newspaper article at least. Great press with you as an ambassador for our hobby. Not to mention the owner will most likely be very emotional! Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back