What's new

Last 2 hunts, depressing.....

stpauli914

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
406
Reaction score
117
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are the results of my last 2 hunts at a pretty popular beach. 5 hours total hunting time.

Breakdown of time spent:
Wet sand: 30%
ankle deep: 30%
Knee deep: 30%
Waist or deeper: 10%

Reason for not spending as much time in the waist or deeper is that the waves have been fairly heavy the last few days and it is really a struggle to work there. Plus my 14K ring from this spot came from ankle deep water or so.

Finds:

002-1.jpg


$3.46 Clad including (2) $1 presidential coins and a 1928 wheat penny!!

Heres what keeps me looking, 14K 5.1 grams from this beach about a month ago :)

FirstGold009.jpg


FirstGold006.jpg


HH, Aaron
 
Upvote 0
We've all had hunts like that...fair but not great.
Finding a gold ring like the one you found would
keep your interest up for quite a while. GL and HH
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
I'd say you were doing fine. Need to hit the beaches more for MORE!
 
That is a beautiful ring find. :headbang:

Keep at it; the treasures will show up eventually.

I have found much less than that in many, many hunts.

Lorraine
 
Thanks for all the encouragement gang! I will be out one morning this weekend for sure, maybe both :) Our one year old daughter is spending the night with my parents tonight so I have the choice tomorrow of sleeping in(past 5:30 for the first time since I can remember), or hitting the beach at sunrise for a couple hours. I will definitely hit it Sunday morning and the wife said Fathers Day breakfast will be waiting for me when I get home :hello2:

Aaron
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom