Last 3 Hunts

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
I found these, and a lot of broken points, in three fields after the peanuts had been dug and we had lots of rain. Nothing exceptional but I was happy to find them. They were found in Sumter County, GA the week before Christmas.

100_3596.jpg

Upvote 0

jeff a

Sep 16, 2008
ne ohio
nice finds,do they ever get picked up with the peanuts when they are harvested,ive heard of a few axes and other bigger artifacts being picked up with the potatoe diggers around my area,one of the nicest birdstones from my county was found in a bag of locally grown potatoes

OP
OP
A

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
jeff a said:
nice finds,do they ever get picked up with the peanuts when they are harvested,ive heard of a few axes and other bigger artifacts being picked up with the potatoe diggers around my area,one of the nicest birdstones from my county was found in a bag of locally grown potatoes

The peanuts are dug by a machine which shakes the peanuts from the vines. I've never heard of artifacts being found in the picked peanuts.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Americus. I could go for some fresh roasted Ga peanuts right now. Happy New year Americus
TnMountains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread