What's new

Last day of summer vacation... graced with gold

time4me

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Messages
1,296
Reaction score
44
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Tomorrow my family flies back to California. We've enjoyed eight beautiful weeks here on the east coast, and I got to spend most mornings in either fresh or salt water detecting. This morning was my last outing with my east coast detecting partner, so we hit a few ponds that we hadn't hunted yet this summer.

This is one of the things I love most about this hobby...

3575ec89.jpg


Being up before most other people and enjoying sunrises like this one.

We hit three ponds this morning, and in the first two I found some clad coins, but not that last piece of east coast gold I so wanted to find. Well, it happened in the third pond. Up near shore in shin deep water. Iffy signal. Maybe the tiniest gold ring I've ever found, but I was thrilled to find it. What a great end to a wonderful vacation...

fa88a0fe.jpg


Happy Hunting,

Jim
 
Upvote 0
any day with gold is a good day!! congrats
 
Congrats on the GOLD :icon_thumright: Great sunrise. Have a safe trip home :wave:
 
Very nice photos, T4M :headbang:

Congrats on that beautiful ring find...I like the style
:hello2:

Keep 'em comin' :icon_sunny:

Lorraine
 
Looking at a sunrise like that is almost......I said ALMOST
as good as finding a small gold ring......almost. Safe trip
home. Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
well done but,,,but do you think we should let rick find one hahaha got one last night and one tonight have a safe trip
kent
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom