What's new

Last Few Solo CW Hunts in Tennessee

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Messages
5,591
Reaction score
2,910
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With Dman still on IR with a week worth of crutches to go and Tenn. Josh trying to catch up on his taxidermy work while working his regular job before Christmas, I made 4 different trips to a site Dman and I had previously hunted with our old detectors. I hunted as I could between rain showers. The F75 found some relics missed by our old detectors. Nothing exciting but still fun. This was a dual use site but saw mainly Union occupation. Lots of campfire lead there but hard hunted as well.
If you are new to hunting for CW relics, patience is a prime requisite. This little group of relics represents about 9 hours of hunting to recover.

Several of us including MM, Breezie, and myself have already posted our 2011 best finds in the "2011" forum. I hope to revise mine with some better finds before the year is over-LOL but it isn't likely. Happy Holidays everyone and a special thanks to all who nominated the carved acorn bullet I dug for Banner, Quindy.

Don't forget to read Buckleboy's article on cleaning buttons in the Feb. issue of W & E Treasures as it will be very informative.

2011 CW Relics as of 12-21= 318 + 12 Colonial Relics.
 

Attachments

  • Late Dec. 2011.webp
    Late Dec. 2011.webp
    19 KB · Views: 1,171
Upvote 0
Nice finds Quindy. Whats the top piece? It looks very similar to a couple I found last week. Mine were about 6" long. I thought they were parts to a pair of glasses at first but the more I look at them the more they look like the edge of a frame or picture holder. Happy Holidays and I hope you have a wonderful new year.
 
A three ringer puts a smile on my face every time I find one ! Nice relic recoveries Quindy ! A heavely hunted site can be a fun and productive test of your Mding skills and perseverence . I have hunted 9 hours for less , and still enjoyed the challenge and the day :hello2: Can you believe it is still huntable here in Portland and with rain coming Christmas eve day and monday looks like a go for me as well . Merry Christmas Quindy ! M.R.
 
Qman,
You never quit. Nice recoveries as usual. What is that tiny piece between the buckle and harmonica reed? At first I thought your hearing aid fell out. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Keep enjoying that warm Tenn weather while you can.

Have a great holiday Buddy,
Doug
 
Hey Q, Sweet hunt! Was the brownish 3-ring Mini in a different type of soil? I've found a few that color, and most of them came from and or around water. :thumbsup: Breezie
 
treasurehound said:
Nice finds Quindy. Whats the top piece? It looks very similar to a couple I found last week. Mine were about 6" long. I thought they were parts to a pair of glasses at first but the more I look at them the more they look like the edge of a frame or picture holder. Happy Holidays and I hope you have a wonderful new year.
Randy, it's round shaped with a flat that runs lengthwise end to end and looked like a punch to me. I really don't know what it is but bullets were very close by. Good hunting to you and Guy, Quindy.
MaineRelic said:
A three ringer puts a smile on my face every time I find one ! Nice relic recoveries Quindy ! A heavely hunted site can be a fun and productive test of your Mding skills and perseverence . I have hunted 9 hours for less , and still enjoyed the challenge and the day :hello2: Can you believe it is still huntable here in Portland and with rain coming Christmas eve day and monday looks like a go for me as well . Merry Christmas Quindy ! M.R.
MR, you have had a GREAT year hunting in 2011 and I hope the weather holds for you. Has Herbie hibernated like the Groundhog?-LOl. HH, my friend, Quindy.
ModernMiner said:
Qman,
You never quit. Nice recoveries as usual. What is that tiny piece between the buckle and harmonica reed? At first I thought your hearing aid fell out. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Keep enjoying that warm Tenn weather while you can.

Have a great holiday Buddy,
Doug
MM, I believe it a brass brad for a knapsack or cap box. Stay on that Union site-there's still a plate or two there. HH, Q.
Breezie said:
Hey Q, Sweet hunt! Was the brownish 3-ring Mini in a different type of soil? I've found a few that color, and most of them came from and or around water. :thumbsup: Breezie
Good eye Breezie as it was in a low place on the hill where water stands most of the winter. These relics were scattered over a half mile area. HH, Q.
 
Quindy - nice saves there. Lookin' forward to what you have to show us next year. Merry Christmas! BTW, any "prophecies" for 2012? ;D
 
You been busy, Q! :icon_pirat: Let's see...one more week till Doug can get back out? I'll bet you will have more to add to that 2011 total. :icon_thumleft: Good luck!!

Merry Christmas!

Nana :hello:
 
Nice finds. I am so looking forward to getting off these crutches.
Dman
 
Leave some for the Dman Quindy :laughing7: Nice dig's!!
 
Now you know you're hunting hard when your digging boot shoe lace clips. :laughing7: Very nice finds Quindy. You are right, CW hunting takes a whole lot of patience and focus. I want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas my friend.
 
Woodland Detectors said:
Now you know you're hunting hard when your digging boot shoe lace clips. :laughing7: Very nice finds Quindy. You are right, CW hunting takes a whole lot of patience and focus. I want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas my friend.
Mike, I knew that "brad" didn't look like the normal ones and it looked like something I should know but that's what it is-boot lace clip. Everything there was 6+ deep there and lots of WWII 30/06 cartridges.
Thanks for your friendship this year and I hope the 4 Biggest VOL Fans in NC have a joyous season Bud!! The birth of your second daughter made it a BANNER year for you and Maggie. HH, Quindy.
 
Always pullin something Quindy and thats impressive as they are always period!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours my friend! :thumbsup:
 
Old Stonewall said:
Quindy - nice saves there. Lookin' forward to what you have to show us next year. Merry Christmas! BTW, any "prophecies" for 2012? ;D
I see 1/2 of a two piece CS plate in your future Richard and I'm really looking formard to reading your book on Stonewall Jackson that I purchased from Amazon. Please reply with the tiltle and link to buy at Amazon as I'm sure more Tnet members would like to get one. The price is right too. . How did you get the smart Robertson guy historian from The History Channel to write part of you book? HH, Q.

Nana and Joe, Dman will soon change his category from "The most injured relic hunter in the world" back to what he claims to be as "The most interesting relic hunter in the world"-LOl. HH, and MC, Quindy.

Rob, I saw 2 of your beautiful CW period bottles in the American Digger Magazine 2011 (in review) online sampler along with Treasurehound's (Randy) silver coins he dug in Knoxville. Congrats on your first relic magazine article in print this year. WTG & MC my friend, Quindy.
 
Great job Quindy! Solo hunts sure are quiet huh? Just aint the same as with your buddies and all the tom foolery. WTG!!!
 
Way to go Quindy. I know that you hunted hard for those relics and thats what it takes. Is that oval iron piece a link to an iron chain? Good to talk to you tonight and if Wayne and I find the camp that we have been looking for maybe I'll have something to post....... for a change. Tennessee digger
 
Nice day of digs.
 
Heh Quindy! Nice recoveries....keep swinging that coil, 2011 ain't over yet. Glad to see you are still getting out, not so much for me lately. Congrats on a terrific year of relic saves. Bill
 
Love them TN finds!! Great job!
 
that is great you got out there and did some hunting. hope to myself but rain keeps me from going.you found some nice relics. i always think it is a good hunt if i find bullets.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom