What's new

Last Few Solo CW Hunts in Tennessee

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2007
Messages
5,591
Reaction score
2,910
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With Dman still on IR with a week worth of crutches to go and Tenn. Josh trying to catch up on his taxidermy work while working his regular job before Christmas, I made 4 different trips to a site Dman and I had previously hunted with our old detectors. I hunted as I could between rain showers. The F75 found some relics missed by our old detectors. Nothing exciting but still fun. This was a dual use site but saw mainly Union occupation. Lots of campfire lead there but hard hunted as well.
If you are new to hunting for CW relics, patience is a prime requisite. This little group of relics represents about 9 hours of hunting to recover.

Several of us including MM, Breezie, and myself have already posted our 2011 best finds in the "2011" forum. I hope to revise mine with some better finds before the year is over-LOL but it isn't likely. Happy Holidays everyone and a special thanks to all who nominated the carved acorn bullet I dug for Banner, Quindy.

Don't forget to read Buckleboy's article on cleaning buttons in the Feb. issue of W & E Treasures as it will be very informative.

2011 CW Relics as of 12-21= 318 + 12 Colonial Relics.
 

Attachments

  • Late Dec. 2011.webp
    Late Dec. 2011.webp
    19 KB · Views: 1,171
Upvote 0
Getty said:
Great job Quindy! Solo hunts sure are quiet huh? Just aint the same as with your buddies and all the tom foolery. WTG!!!
Sometimes, I can do without the tomfoolery Roger-LOL. You had a great Fall hunting Continue to talk to locals and do that research. You will be rewarded Bud, Quindy.
tennessee digger said:
Way to go Quindy. I know that you hunted hard for those relics and thats what it takes. Is that oval iron piece a link to an iron chain? Good to talk to you tonight and if Wayne and I find the camp that we have been looking for maybe I'll have something to post....... for a change. Tennessee digger
You guys WILL locate the lost camp Donnie. I hope to meet and hunt with Wayne during the year. As I told you last night, Dman is about a month away from slinging dirt. HH, Quindy.
birdman said:
Nice day of digs.
Thanks Bman and don't forget to post your finds on "2011" Forum as you have enjoyed a good year. MC & HNY, Quindy.
sekypaleo said:
Heh Quindy! Nice recoveries....keep swinging that coil, 2011 ain't over yet. Glad to see you are still getting out, not so much for me lately. Congrats on a terrific year of relic saves. Bill
Same to you Bill. Anyone with 3 plates like you can't complain-LOL. Hope we can all get together in 2012. HH my friend and Congrats on your first (and not last) W & E article published in 2011, Quindy.
Cornspike said:
Love them TN finds!! Great job!
Thanks CS and post your "Out West" Indian and CW finds from this year on the "2011" Forum as you have a score of Cav. Eagle Buttons to show. HH, Quindy.
rebelrouser said:
that is great you got out there and did some hunting. hope to myself but rain keeps me from going.you found some nice relics. i always think it is a good hunt if i find bullets.
So do I Don. You have been finding a lot of good relics with your son lately so I hope we can put an end to this rain in Tenn. so you guys can get back to it. Go by and aggravate Dman in his store every chance you get-he'd do the same to you-LOL. HH my friend, Quindy.
 
what a hunt Quindy! awesome stuff as usual! :thumbsup:
 
Your Welcome Quindy :wink: Incredible ! Truly a Fantastic Find :thumbsup: Thank You for sharing all the 2011 Good Times and Great Finds ! Many More my friend :) I realize it's late December but you still have a shot at a plate , ya just never know .. :icon_santa: It's been a Treasure just being around to Enjoy what life has to offer ... :occasion14: Our Best From The Dawg Family to You And Yours in 2012 :icon_sunny:
 
Well done, Quindy, and thanks for the kind words about the upcoming article. It will be very similar to what I have in the Cleaning and Preservation thread. Decided it was time to share it with some offline diggers too. The article on getting permission will certainly raise some eyebrows! That's coming up this year in W&E.

You've had a great year with a lot of good relics. Beats the hell out of my CW count for 2011. I am hoping to dig a few more tomorrow, and perhaps something truly special will surface.

Thanks again for all your help these past few days, and have a wonderful Christmas,

Your Friend,

Buckles
 
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
what a hunt Quindy! awesome stuff as usual! :thumbsup:
Thanks HMN and post your 2011 highlights. It should be a LONG post-LOL. HH, Quindy.
CMDiamonddawg said:
Your Welcome Quindy :wink: Incredible ! Truly a Fantastic Find :thumbsup: Thank You for sharing all the 2011 Good Times and Great Finds ! Many More my friend :) I realize it's late December but you still have a shot at a plate , ya just never know .. :icon_santa: It's been a Treasure just being around to Enjoy what life has to offer ... :occasion14: Our Best From The Dawg Family to You And Yours in 2012 :icon_sunny:
Dawg, you are the "Mill Man" for sure and you have a great conceptual understanding about those old mill sites. You apparently have figured out where the farmers lined up their wagons of grain to be ground and where money was exchanged by local customers for grain with the mill operator for grain taken in as "shares" as payment for grinding. That's an acquired talent based upon your hunting experiences. Keep your nose to the "grindstone" in 2012 my friend. HH, Quindy.
BuckleElf said:
Well done, Quindy, and thanks for the kind words about the upcoming article. It will be very similar to what I have in the Cleaning and Preservation thread. Decided it was time to share it with some offline diggers too. The article on getting permission will certainly raise some eyebrows! That's coming up this year in W&E.

You've had a great year with a lot of good relics. Beats the hell out of my CW count for 2011. I am hoping to dig a few more tomorrow, and perhaps something truly special will surface.

Thanks again for all your help these past few days, and have a wonderful Christmas,

Your Friend,

Buckles
BB, manys the time you have identified a flat button or mystery piece of iron for me Bud so I was glad to share resources.
As to CW count, based on the info. you have shared with me, you and Shane could potentially top my CW count in just the remaining days of 2011 and I hope you do. Take it easy on old Hillbilly when you guys hunt after the first of the year in KY. He will expect you to buy his lunch-LOL. HH and good luck today, Quindy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom