What's new

Last Go on the Horse Paddock Field...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The horses will be moved to this paddock at the weekend, so my 2nd hunt on here is my last for awhile. Last time I cherry picked & zigzagged the field for only 1.5 hours & did pretty well for pasture thats never been ploughed.

Today, I started a systematic hunt starting at the far end, covered about 3rd of the field on my lone 3 hour hunt. This field is just full of junk & I lost count of how many old type foil milk bottle tops I dug & some at 6inches folded in half :P They kinda sound like deep Geo coppers on my settings.

Last time I got 3 18th century plain buckles & before I started this hunt I was sure I would get at least a decorated one, well I got 2 & I need them both (different variants for the collection).

Pleased with the Rumbler Bell, complete & ring plus its a large one which I have very few of.
I like the Welsh Military Capbadge (WWI, I think), never had one in complete condition. :)

Beginning to wonder where the silver had gone (shows how well I hoovered them up in the last short session) :laughing9: , but managed a 1844 Sixpence on the way back to the car. (again) :D

A bonus complete old ketchup bottle ::)
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    114.8 KB · Views: 494
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 495
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    76.9 KB · Views: 495
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    79.4 KB · Views: 487
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    84.3 KB · Views: 489
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    80.4 KB · Views: 475
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    63.7 KB · Views: 464
  • 8.webp
    8.webp
    69.7 KB · Views: 471
  • 9.webp
    9.webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 469
Upvote 0
That was a busy day :icon_thumleft:
 
Still a fun hunt--and nice to see some silver come up. The bell is a good find. I only have one complete bell, and it's not as old as yours with the counterstamp on the bottom end.


-Buckles
 
Nice Heinz 57th Regiment helmet side cap.
 
Nice, that's a mighty big hole you dug for that bell.
 
congrats Crusader ;D nice finds :thumbsup:
 
Congratulations on your lovely Capbadge ! :headbang: do not give up , I am sure you have a few stubble fields waiting to be hunted, the silver coin is deserved limelight. :wink:
Greetings!
 
HISPAN said:
Congratulations on your lovely Capbadge ! :headbang: do not give up , I am sure you have a few stubble fields waiting to be hunted, the silver coin is deserved limelight. :wink:
Greetings!

no stubble fields on any of the land we have permission (hundreds of thousands of acres), no EU subsidies anymore
 
Nice Heinz 57th Regiment helmet side cap.
:laughing7: :icon_thumright:

Nice badge :icon_thumright: It's pre-1920 for sure judging by its spelling. As for me militaria is far more interesting than humble silvers.
 
That,s got to be nice a never plowed field or pasture that bell is a good find i found 1 here very similar last year and a silver to end the day good hunt :thumbsup: some one must like ketchup on there chips :laughing7: Dd60
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom