Last group hunt / oct 12***BIG UPDATE***

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Re: Last group hunt / oct 12

I found one horseshoe there, a lot of iron tent spikes, but no harmonica reeds that I know of, but TF has. I usually don't dig overload signals- they're mostly hangers or long iron poles in the woods.

I've been pulling a good amount of SILVER out of there lately. Notice I don't say wilver. Sorry TF, it just sounds kind of retarded ;D

I'm looking forward to this joyous occasion. :thumbsup:

Joe

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1

Hey guys... my Dad and I are down for a hunt out there. We've been researching places on the '39 flyovers and the camp was one of them. I've got a nice '39 image of that area that I imported into Google Earth. It's a separate file that can be opened in G.E., already positioned in the right spot, and you can edit the properties and fade the overlay to get an idea of where stuff was and what's there now. You could add little push pins and then import the coordinates of the pins directly into the GPS of your choice, if you even need it. Anyone who has been there already, or is going to the hunt is welcome to have the file. Just PM me and I'll email it to you.

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:laughing1: :laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing9:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

What you laughing at?

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

the voices in my head

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II

bomber said:
gotta buddy thats coming,anybody got an xtra md he could use?.........thanks

I have one but Tman already got his paws on it and it's giving it a work out!! :o

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II

TreasureFiend said:
Lowbatts said:
I hear TF is opening a flatware store with all the table service he's recovered there.

No actually for this hunt, Im going to seed the camp with all the flatware I found!!! That way everybody can walk away with something. ;D

I'm in for some flatware and coins! :thumbsup: If they sound like silver and look like silver then I'll take all the wilvers I can get my hands on!! :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks goio but the fiend is bring his 250 for him

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

YEAH BABY!

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

looks like i might need another md to borrow......anybody?

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have some coat hangers we could bend into dousing rods... :laughing3: :laughing9:

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

well look at you today Mr.Funny Wilver Boy :wink:

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used

I've got an ACE 250 that I'll bring along if someone doesn't have one. No pinpointer though, so BYOPP.

This will be my first time hunting in the woods all day... precautions for ticks? I'll have my 40% deet bug spray for sure. What else?

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS

Hey guys, I always have the Ace 250 in the trunk, so that is available as well to anyone who doesn't have a detector on hand. However, I only have one Lesche, so...

Root, just bring some Deep Woods Off or Cutters, and try to keep it with you as you detect so you can re-apply the repellent when needed. To be honest, the bugs have really let down. There are still mosquitoes and ticks, but wear your Off and you'll be fine.

Wear long sleeves. Do not touch any hairy vine or plant with three leaves per bud. Keep your coil low and discriminate very little. Dig any high numbers. And don't back your car into the parking space, rear-first. Point the front of your car toward the woods. Trust me!

I'm looking forward to this day, guys.

Joe

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006

Count me in! and Down Town Joe, will see if Lloyd, is up for it. :thumbsup:

Rockford trash stay home! >:(

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used

Thanks for the tips Twistidd! I've just started really embracing the FERROUS sounds in all metal mode recently and it paid off in a big iron patch tonight. I got my first 18K gold ring!
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,183778.msg1345165.html#msg1345165

Parking nose out... well I guess I'll hold off on hypermiling techniques that day. Wouldn't want to send the wrong message!

As for the mosquitos and ticks... I was thinking about getting a camo tyvex suit... it's lightweight and will fully protect all of my 2001 parts. There is nothing more annoying than concentrating hard on sniffing out loot with misquitos jammin' their dirty peckers in ya. In my area, even 40% deet doesn't always do the trick.

I'm looking forward to this hunt!

General Zod

Sep 21, 2008
Dupage

The big brown truck dropped off my first MD today, Ace 250. Only has 30 mins to up it and find 3 pulltabs in the parkway lol.

I will try to be there, sounds like fun as long as you stay away from the underwear hanging from the tree!

Zod

OP
OP
bomber

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks guys for the offers on the 250s and don't worry about the underware on the trees zod,the fiend was just doing his laundry,i didn't realize they made thongs that size :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread