Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to get out for one more hunt for 2014. I was on a mission to dig 4 more silver coins to get me to 130 FTY. So I meet up with my buddy Micah and we headed out to an old school we found about an hour away. The school has a huge amount of grassy areas around it making it perfect for kids playing all around. I headed straight back to the back corner of the property that looked like it would be a great baseball field. It started out good with a few wheats right away and then I got a great signal right around where home plate would be and dug a nice Merc. The rest of the hunt went the same way, I would dig a few wheats and then a silver. We spent about four hours there detecting and I ended up with 4 Mercs, a Rosie, a War Nickel, a big sterling ring, 2 Buffalos and over 35 Wheaties. I was excited to hit my new goal of 130 plus 2 after hitting my initial goal of 100 in November. It was a great hunt to end the year on! Happy Hunting & Best of Luck to everyone in 2015!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420171129.625999.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420171151.175464.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420171167.191688.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 19
Beautiful! Glad you beat your original goal, and then your new goal! 2014 was an excellent year, lets now make 2015 a legendary one. :treasurechest: 8-)

Fantastic way to end 2014!, 7 silver day is great. Is this all with your etrac? I'm almost certain that I want one, and seeing posts like this make me want to go buy one now!

Congrats on a spectacular hunt and yearly total. GL&HH!

Heck of a way to end the year. Nice finds and congrats on the success.

Fantastic way to end 2014!, 7 silver day is great. Is this all with your etrac? I'm almost certain that I want one, and seeing posts like this make me want to go buy one now!

Thanks! And yes this was all with the Etrac. It's a great machine and I love how it hits on silver and copper. But these coins could have been found with any decent detector. Most of the time it's all about a location, how well you know your machine and how diligent you are with it. The Etrac is a big investment but is a great machine with good depth. It seems a lot of guys are doing well with the AT Pro tho. Best of luck on your decision, Dave.

Thanks! And yes this was all with the Etrac. It's a great machine and I love how it hits on silver and copper. But these coins could have been found with any decent detector. Most of the time it's all about a location, how well you know your machine and how diligent you are with it. The Etrac is a big investment but is a great machine with good depth. It seems a lot of guys are doing well with the AT Pro tho. Best of luck on your decision, Dave.

I have done well w my atpro, i got 67 silvers this year, but I've had my eye on that etrac and have watched about a bazillion videos on it and it's an impressive machine. Seems to get more depth than my atpro

I have done well w my atpro, i got 67 silvers this year, but I've had my eye on that etrac and have watched about a bazillion videos on it and it's an impressive machine. Seems to get more depth than my atpro

67 silver is a great run for the year! Yeah I have heard it gets more depth than the AT Pro. That is the main reason I upgraded to the Etrac a few years back. For the depth and it seems to do pretty good in heavy iron. If you get one you won't be disappointed with it's performance. Good luck!

Awesome silver end to the year! Sounds like a really good spot!

WTG SD!! Good news on going over the goal...130 plus 2 :thumbsup:

Gotta love that silver

Nice finds and great season

Fantastic end to a great year. My silver finds are so pitiful, I won't even mention them. Hope this year will be a better year and I will be able to go dirt fishing more.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

super on the silvers for sure but pretty darn good on the rest as well. congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back