Last hunt of the year, Spanish silver saves the day!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been waiting for over a month for a weekend day that I could get out and swing the detector. We have had a pattern of nice weather during the week when I'm working, and crappy weather on the weekend when I'm off. This weekend looked like more of the same, but it stopped raining around noon on Sunday, and I was able to get out to a couple sites. Spent two hours at the first place and didn't find a thing. A lot of standing water in the fields and holes filling up with water as you dug. I hightailed it over to another place while there was still a couple hours of daylight left. Wasn't finding much there either, just a couple little flat buttons and small musket balls when I got a sweet steady 66 on the F75. In this field that usually means half real, and that's exactly what it was. Not the most beautiful one I have ever dug, but it has a nice readable date 1787.

Attachments

• 12-22-13 all (1).JPG
    12-22-13 all (1).JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 1787 real front (2).JPG
    1787 real front (2).JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 225
  • 1787 real back.JPG
    1787 real back.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 175
  • Real in dirt.jpg
    Real in dirt.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 22
Very nice way to end the year Steve. Maybe the weather will hold out for you over the holidays, but I believe its supposed to get quite cold the first week of 2014. Good luck if you can get out again.

Congrats on that great looking silver Steve! Lucky you for getting out. Buried in a nice storm here in Maine. Happy Holidays, Abe

Ice storm:-)

Steve,that is a fine way to end the year!

WTG, gotta love Colonial Spanish Silver!

A nice silver prize for a long wait to dig.
I expect my wait to be quite a long one this time.

Looks beautiful to me Steve. Have a merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate :tongue3:

Wow! I love spanish silver , great find! Looks like a pillar type, minted in Mexico city, "F-M" would indicate multiple or joint assayers, one of them probably Antonio Forcada y Plaza

Very nice find. Congratualtions

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

That 1787 would have saved my week Steve-LOL. Getting tired of digging Williams Cleaners. Great hunt and I hope 2014 is a BANNER year for you my friend. HH, Q.

Wow....... guess it is safe to say that was successful hunt. Awesome find my friend.:icon_thumleft:

Silver always saves the day. Great finds.

Nice find, now that is an old silver!

Splendid Last hunt with a Spanish silver , Steve ! Have a Good One bro :laughing7:

dawg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back