CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TN , 12- 10 These are the some of the last coins for 2010 coming out of the mill site . A KG I , no date Britannia , 1858 Seated quarter , and the oldest and shocking coin , Hispania 1621 copper :icon_scratch: :dontknow: . Many cool relics are still being found but the coins are now far and in between . I will keep pounding this place until it turns to concrete ! update 12-10 7:00 Est mill pic #5,5, & 7 Update Last Pics 12-16 Shovel holding on by a thread ; found Thurs. mourning , a silver knife , 2 IH cents , another :icon_scratch: foreign coin . Thanks for taking a look , CMD dawg

Attachments

• mill#5 002.JPG
    mill#5 002.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,422
  • mill#5 003.JPG
    mill#5 003.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,419
  • 100_2889.JPG
    100_2889.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 698
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,030
  • 13#2.JPG
    13#2.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 2,044
  • 2010 012#5.JPG
    2010 012#5.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 2,063
  • 12#4.JPG
    12#4.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 2,060
  • 12 mill 2.JPG
    12 mill 2.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,989
  • mill 002.JPG
    mill 002.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,979
  • SwAmp 019.JPG
    SwAmp 019.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 1,893
  • mill#7 001.JPG
    mill#7 001.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,419
  • mill#5 003.JPG
    mill#5 003.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,428
  • mill#5 002.JPG
    mill#5 002.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 100_2889.JPG
    100_2889.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 691
  • 13 #3 (2).JPG
    13 #3 (2).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 671
Upvote 0
Re: Last Lost Coins for 2010 Found at Mill Site

Wow that's sweet to find such a 1600s coin! What's the date of the coin you found today? 1800s looks like?
Never know what kind of finds you'll make at a site like that.

Nate in Ohio said:
Wow that's sweet to find such a 1600s coin! What's the date of the coin you found today? 1800s looks like?
looks like 1805..... for sure, more relics . Thanks

Attachments

• mill6 005.JPG
    mill6 005.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,405
  • Mill ##.JPG
    Mill ##.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 374

dawg i have the 2002 standard catalog of world coins if you need any type of reference scott

KRAZYHORSES said:
dawg i have the 2002 standard catalog of world coins if you need any type of reference scott
Hi Krazyhorse Scott , Who we looking at in Pic mill # 5 ??? Thanks, dawg

little time dawg big book any date or country book is spain portugal and the new world no britan

Diamonddawg, I can tell from looking at that shovel why you are successful. I have one I've used for 10 years and it still has some paint on it. You should frame that one. Gambol1.

sorry dawg no nia and coins of sort just spanish and new world was thinking more about the spanish coin got the book for pricing spanish silver

gambol1 said:
Diamonddawg, I can tell from looking at that shovel why you are successful. I have one I've used for 10 years and it still has some paint on it. You should frame that one. Gambol1.
It served me well , I will miss the ol' digger.... RIP :angel7: Thanks gamboli1
KRAZYHORSES said:
sorry dawg no nia and coins of sort just spanish and new world was thinking more about the spanish coin got the book for spanish silver
Thanks Scott , another traveler from across the Atlantic ??? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :read2:
Iron Patch said:
Rick (Nova Scotia) said:
With the number of targets you got a few more keepers won't surprise me a bit.
Nice site and FINDS !

That's exactly right! The more old targets you dig the better chances you have. But location and type of site does obviously make a difference.

But I'll take one more of any site this year if I can get it!
I am runnin deep with zero disc. digging pretty much anything that has a double beep on the 1265 X ..good hunting this time of year for the slow sweepers :icon_pirat:
darkwing_66 said:
cool finds keep it up
Thanks darkwing .. Happy Holidays and stop around in 2011 I'll watch for your finds
dave wiseman said:
In your third pic down,top right..that looks like a dreidal,though it has english words instead of hebrew http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreidel
Thanks Dave ...second one I dug ..cool little dreidel top :thumbsup:
VOL1266-X said:
That was an EXCELLENT site Dawg. Locations like that are few and far between anymore. You'll just have to go out and find another one that good. Good Luck at that, Quindy.
Shhhhh I'll let you in on a secret ....Quindy . I get there first :wink: Thanks and Have the Best Holiday Season and Best finds in 2011 my friend :occasion14:
KRAZYHORSES said:
it just started FREEZE now i see all these AWESOME HUNTS starting to make winter look like it will be a long wait NICE coins dawg !! NICE finds ! im going to have to get back out know pick in hand nice hunt scott
Thanks Scott , The Best to You for the Holidays and 2011 :occasion14: Mike
gambol1 said:
Wear that paint off and your garage will not have room for the car and your wife will be upset ... Trust Me , I know :laughing7: dawg ::) Thanks Gamboli1 :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
Nate in Ohio said:
Thanks Nate , never know what is under your feet :icon_scratch: Best to You my friend :thumbsup:

Attachments

• mill#7 001.JPG
    mill#7 001.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,298
  • mill#7 001.JPG
    mill#7 001.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,292
  • mill# 4 006.JPG
    mill# 4 006.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,283
  • mill# 4 010.JPG
    mill# 4 010.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,246

DAWG, CONGRAT ON A KILLER HUNT!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Man that Maravedis is Awesome my man. We just don't find those hardly ever here in America a very cool copper!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

CMDiamonddawg said:
That's guys for all the info and comments . A Hispania , Philip III or IV ?..cool ...Thanks . The Philip II coin pre dates my area by at least 100 years .. Must of been lost by European settler much later than 1720. I just came back from there after 3 hour search , broke my trusty G.I. WWII shovel that was with me for a long time :'( & what I thought was a large cent turned out to be another foreign coin ??? :dontknow: I am not sure , why I have a International bunch of stuff popping out of this place but this is getting to be more fun than I expected . ;D Thanks , dawg Hispan , Segovia is beautiful city ! :thumbsup:
great hunt!!!!!! killer finds :notworthy: :notworthy: looks like it is time to weld some steel on to ur digger. that is what i did to mine. :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Mr Tuff said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
That's guys for all the info and comments . A Hispania , Philip III or IV ? ..cool ...Thanks . The Philip II coin pre dates my area by at least 100 years .. Must of been lost by European settler much later than 1720. I just came back from there after 3 hour search , broke my trusty G.I. WWII shovel that was with me for a long time :'( & what I thought was a large cent turned out to be another foreign coin ??? :dontknow: I am not sure , why I have a International bunch of stuff popping out of this place but this is getting to be more fun than I expected . ;D Thanks , dawg Hispan , Segovia is beautiful city ! :thumbsup:
great hunt!!!!!! killer finds :notworthy: :notworthy: looks like it is time to weld some steel on to ur digger. that is what i did to mine. :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF
hello tuff we make are own with stainless enjoy

Attachments

• DSC00159 (2).jpg
    DSC00159 (2).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,248

{Sentinel} said:
DAWG, CONGRAT ON A KILLER HUNT!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Man that Maravedis is Awesome my man. We just don't find those hardly ever here in America a very cool copper!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Thanks Josh , my friend It pre dates my area but it is what it is , I still am pumped up about any 1600's date ..all will be European except the Mass tree coins! Best Holiday Season and 2011 to you dude :occasion14:
dave wiseman said:
In your third pic down,top right..that looks like a dreidal,though it has english words instead of hebrew http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreidel
Yes , it is a English script Dreidel ... 2nd one I found . Thanks Dave
Mr Tuff said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
That's guys for all the info and comments . A Hispania , Philip III or IV ? ..cool ...Thanks . The Philip II coin pre dates my area by at least 100 years .. Must of been lost by European settler much later than 1720. I just came back from there after 3 hour search , broke my trusty G.I. WWII shovel that was with me for a long time :'( & what I thought was a large cent turned out to be another foreign coin ??? :dontknow: I am not sure , why I have a International bunch of stuff popping out of this place but this is getting to be more fun than I expected . ;D Thanks , dawg Hispan , Segovia is beautiful city ! :thumbsup:
Excellent idea :sign13: Mr Tuff , weld the break !! ...Thanks ... I'll give it a go :icon_thumleft:
KRAZYHORSES said:
Mr Tuff said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
How does the stainless work out ??? That should last for ever , nice looking design KH :thumbsup: horses were playing with that green ball {hard to see } , they were hilarious :laughing9:

Wow, did you dig all of that today? With what you are showing..............there has got to be plenty more!!

CMDiamonddawg said:
{Sentinel} said:
Thanks Josh , my friend It pre dates my area but it is what it is , I still am pumped up about any 1600's date ..all will be European except the Mass tree coins!
dave wiseman said:
Mr Tuff said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
Excellent idea :sign13: Mr Tuff , weld the break !! ...Thanks ... I'll give it a go :icon_thumleft:
KRAZYHORSES said:
Mr Tuff said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
How does the stainless work out ???
my mattock handle broke after around 12 years found it in the bottom of my well i was bumming didnt want to only use shovel sucks on roots and rocks last hunt in rough ground i put a hurting on it and it got bent up my hunting bud AREA-51 uses them all the time he likes it the thing about stainless is it is more rigid than regular 10-20 steel the thickness is less for the same integrity that way it dosnt weigh as much but i use a hand mattock awesome bought 2 from northern tool they havent come in yet

Roland58 said:
Wow, did you dig all of that today? With what you are showing..............there has got to be plenty more!!
I thought everybody dug that much stuff :wink: it's not actually that much when you get into the right spot at the right site ,concentrated in an area where there is not a lot of random searching .. tomorrow should be about the same or close , but hard to say about the coin finds ..never know :dontknow: ..I will miss my shovel , but will manage with a spade that I stole from the Mrs. Thanks , HH

CMDiamonddawg said:
KRAZYHORSES said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
{Sentinel} said:
Thanks Josh , my friend It pre dates my area but it is what it is , I still am pumped up about any 1600's date ..all will be European except the Mass tree coins!
dave wiseman said:
Mr Tuff said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
KRAZYHORSES said:
Mr Tuff said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
How does the stainless work out ???
my mattock handle broke after around 12 years found it in the bottom of my well i was bumming didnt want to only use shovel sucks on roots and rocks last hunt in rough ground i put a hurting on it and it got bent up my hunting bud AREA-51 uses them all the time he likes it the thing about stainless is it is more rigid than regular 10-20 steel the thickness is less for the same integrity that way it dosnt weigh as much but i use a hand mattock awesome bought 2 from northern tool they havent come in yet
Nice , mattock :icon_scratch: is that like a small flat pick ax
this is what i bought talked AREA-51 into trying one after 12 years so i got 2 his brother uses a mattock also here is what i got http://cgi.ebay.com/Truper-Pick-Mat...914?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5addded8fa

KRAZYHORSES said:
dose he want to post
Yeah , he says , Merry X-Mas to all

Attachments

• Chance,   Christmas 2010 007.JPG
    Chance, Christmas 2010 007.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 924

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back