Last nights strange box of halves

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night's strange box of halves

Well, strange for me anyway.

It contained 2 keepers. A 1958 Franklin which was an ender and a '87 p. Nothing else. When I saw the Franklin ender I naturally got pretty excited about maybe having found a nicely loaded box. Oh well, it beats a skunker.

Just thought that the box contents were against the odds.

2 more boxes tomorrow. Hopefully they will produce.

Upvote 0
Re: Last night's strange box of halves

well at least you got 1 90%

Those lone wolf ender boxes sure are misleading though, I agree!

Good luck on the next 2!

HH
Bigheed

I agree. Sorry for the let down. HH

Went through a box with one 67 reverse ender last night.

I hate when that happens you think the box has a lot more but it happens. At least you got a 90% silver not bad!

HH

Yea i get a lot of enders most of the time they are good!! boxes with enders The odds??? Of just one?? :tard:

TimZim said:
Yea i get a lot of enders most of the time they are good!! boxes with enders The odds??? Of just one?? :tard:

This is a statistics question, and it has been too long since I took that class. If you look at both ends, then you have seen 10% of the coins in the box. So if you have one ender, then in the long run you will get 10 silvers out of a box. The short run is different though. A statistics calculation would give a range of expected silvers to find in the box and would give the probability of the number falling within that expected range. IIRC.

I once got a box that had a WL ender, face up, dead in the middle of the box.

I was so excited about what that box held...and the single WL turned out to be the only keeper in the entire box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back