What's new

Last of Satudays Finds

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
Last of Satuday's Finds

These were found Saturday. I've been having problems downloading pictures from my camera.


 
Upvote 0
well the one on the left is a Elora and I only know that cause it is the type I find. I see most of the ones you find are all that same type of stone. Is the dirt red like here? If so they must really stand out.
 
well the one on the left is a Elora and I only know that cause it is the type I find. I see most of the ones you find are all that same type of stone. Is the dirt red like here? If so they must really stand out.

Some of the fields are red clay but some are sandy-type soils. I like looking the sandy-type fields best.
 
So the sandy type produce more then? I know when I hunt quartz it is always on a red clay bank. If it aint red clay there is nothing but rocks.
 
So the sandy type produce more then? I know when I hunt quartz it is always on a red clay bank. If it aint red clay there is nothing but rocks.

It may be my imagination but it seems that I find more whole points in sandy soils than in clay.
 
It may be my imagination but it seems that I find more whole points in sandy soils than in clay.

Sandy soil is where I've have had my best luck at and is the first place that I'll head to in a newly found field to hunt in. Especially, if it has any type of a rise in elevation and it is near old water. I've never really had any good luck in solid orange / hard clay areas.
 
Interesting thought. I read here where I live in this part of Ga the Indians always made their homes on red clay because it kept the bugs out like ants. I will start looking more in the sandy areas more and see what happens.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom