May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We journeyed to our furthest fields today, as all the local ones are now in crop. When we got to the field we wanted to do, it was too late, as it had a bean crop showing. So we drove around all the other nearby fields & the only option was a Roman Site we found last year. We were leaving this one until it had been rolled down but had to start it in a rough condition (needs must). Tactically we started some distance from the main area (hotspot), so as by the time we get to it (several weekends time) it maybe in better condition :-\

Only had 2 hours of light (4 man hours), so was pleased with the result:

10 Roman Coins (2 album ones)
Broken piece of Roman Bracelet
Piece of a Roman Fibula (Brooch)
Roman Toggle/fastener (I think) :icon_scratch: Seen it somewhere, but its our first one.

It was great to get out as I was in all day yesterday :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 551
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 559
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 550
Upvote 0
Not bad for a quick session :icon_thumleft:

I've sat here for 2 days having to put up with abuse from Iron Patch :D

shaun7 said:

Gonna be a long Winter huh. ;D

Iron Patch said:
shaun7 said:

Gonna be a long Winter huh. ;D

You're not wrong :(

Great results for such a short hunt. :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone, this field with a bit more effort should produce the odd Roman Silver (fingers crossed) :icon_thumright:

CRUSADER said:
Thanks everyone, this field with a bit more effort should produce the odd Roman Silver (fingers crossed) :icon_thumright:
Super Swooper Cru, :D I hope It does for you man. :thumbsup: You are a worker on here for guy's like me that look for the early things from your Country. And seems how I don't sell nothing no more your pay should be lot's of Roman Silvers. :laughing9: :laughing7: ;D O'yeah you have to find them though, out of my league. :laughing9: :notworthy: :headbang: 10 coins of any are a purdy good haul in that time frame. :headbang: :notworthy:
Tk, :hello:

Crusader, It intrigues me to hear you speak of Saxon and Roman artifacts. I can't imagine how cool it would be to detect over there. I hope you know, you are lucky man to have the opportunity to save the history lost in those grounds.

Nice finds, Mike HHHH

CRUSADER :sign13: You are here by ordered to stop finding those great Coins and Relics :laughing7: Great Stuff BUD :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

4-H said:
Crusader, It intrigues me to hear you speak of Saxon and Roman artifacts. I can't imagine how cool it would be to detect over there. I hope you know, you are lucky man to have the opportunity to save the history lost in those grounds.

Nice finds, Mike HHHH

We are not only lucky custodians of the finds but we are more importantly custodians of the context & information it tells us about this unknown Roman Site. We are very lucky to plot a site which I believe to be virgin with accurate GPS reading. This gives us a interesting map to ponder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back