Garrett // Garrett // Fisher Gold Bug

Attachments

• 2[2].jpg
    2[2].jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 951

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Re: Last Saturday's gold take.

Very good. Well done. :thumbsup: My adventure up a creek in the weekend wasnt so crash hot. A bit of colour & that was it. No quartz specimen bits this time. Nothing worth while to post up here.
Looking at going up a different creek this weekend where I found a nice little picker in a crevice & a bit of fine flood gold up in the moss at the start of our summer. We are coming into autum (fall) now. I used the water out of my pressure hose to blast the moss & wash it into some rock pools & then broke up the moss washing it out thoroughly. Hooked the pressure hose up to my highbanker/banjo, that I had adapted to take a 2" suction noozle, & put through the moss material out of the water holes.

Here is the set up I used but this isnt at the spot I just mentiond.

Arrow11.jpg

Arrow9.jpg

Happy golding

JW

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice color neal,not to bad . :icon_pirat:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:notworthy: I absolutely love it when a miner tells the god awful truth. I busted butt-had a great time-ain't it grand to be alive--and maybe next time I'll cash in. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Newbies see all the I found this and that and expect amazing results all the time. Mining is feast and famine. Hard work in the hot sun and my god oh what fun. :hello2: tons a au 2 u 2-John

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009

No matter how many times I see pictures of gold, its always great to see another. Congrats on your success man.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.

Mighty nice return for less than a quater yard of material!
I can't wait for spring. To get to digging ground right now I'd have to shovel snow 1st & then get a steam thawer to start on the ground :'(
Oh well, another month or so...

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro

Awesome return for your labors there, Is this area your claim or public lands? If its claimable that might be a good idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions