What's new

Last Trip to the Construction Site...Wish I had More Time!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
5,675
Golden Thread
2
Location
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just completed my 11th trip to the construction site! This 7 week adventure has been awesome! I only had 2 and a half hours to hunt, the city police told me to leave! But I can't complain, I pulled out 4 more silver dimes from the site! My total silver from this bulldozer ravaged area is 42 silver coins! I just wonder how many good targets are still buried there? I would be willing to bet that there are probably 20 or 30 more silvers out there!

I still had 5 hours of daylight left after leaving the construction area so I headed for a park. I was surprised to find in the park my 5th silver dime for the day, it was a Rosie.

These are my final totals from the construction site!

131 Wheat Pennies
14 Silver Roosevelt Dimes
14 Mercury dimes
1 Walking Liberty half Dollar (45-D)
4 Barber Dimes (06-P, 11-S, 12-S, 14-S)
1 Seated Dime (no date)
4 Silver War Nickels
3 Buffalo Nickels
4 Silver Washington Quarters
1 V Nickel (1902)
2 Sterling Silver Thimbles
8 Pieces of Sterling Silver Jewelry
5 Indian Head Pennies
 

Attachments

  • Four Dimes 002.webp
    Four Dimes 002.webp
    72.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Four Dimes 004.webp
    Four Dimes 004.webp
    407.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Four Dimes 010.webp
    Four Dimes 010.webp
    79.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Four Dimes 011.webp
    Four Dimes 011.webp
    219.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Four Dimes 012.webp
    Four Dimes 012.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Four Dimes 023.webp
    Four Dimes 023.webp
    56.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Four Dimes 021.webp
    Four Dimes 021.webp
    200.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Four Dimes 017.webp
    Four Dimes 017.webp
    59.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Four Dimes 016.webp
    Four Dimes 016.webp
    68.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Four Dimes 026.webp
    Four Dimes 026.webp
    70.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Four Dimes 027.webp
    Four Dimes 027.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Four Dimes 029.webp
    Four Dimes 029.webp
    85.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Four Dimes 031.webp
    Four Dimes 031.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Four Dimes 032.webp
    Four Dimes 032.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 42
That was one awesome site which produced more silvers and other keepers than many find in a season. I wonder why they asked you to leave? At least you were able to exploit that site for 7 hunts. Hope you find another coin infested site soon.
 
Well it was a great run while it lasted, too bad you got the boot. What was the reason I'm wondering also?
 
Congrats man! Thats a hell of a haul.
 
That site paid off big time.
 
You should put up a memorial next to the site to remember the good hunts and 42 silver coins, wheats and nicks.

We all have sites that have been shut down with many potential finds buried. May this one RIP.

Steve
 
Man, talk about a great site!, very impressive totals from there, now you are stuck wondering what you left behind, no worries though you rocked it out there, great job!
 
Well it was a great run while it lasted, too bad you got the boot. What was the reason I'm wondering also?

In our area we have a special police unit that is designated for only patrolling city parks. This construction area is a park going through major renovation, I was lucky to get 11 hunts in. It also depends on who is on duty at the time. Some of the guys on this squad are more easy going, some are not. All is well, it was an opportunity than comes along about once every ten years. :)
 
Good saves - will the new park be accessible to metal detecting ? if so , you may rescue more silvers yet.
 
I just completed my 11th trip to the construction site! This 7 week adventure has been awesome! I only had 2 and a half hours to hunt, the city police told me to leave!

LOL. I can't believe you went back (after the last time). :laughing7:

More great finds! :thumbsup:

Did you just leave with your tail between your legs or did you talk to the patrolman?
 
Are you sure that they can tell you to leave? I'd think you have the right to do what ever you want there. I would go back.
 
Congrats. I have enjoyed watching this spot play out. What a honey hole. Very well done.
 
In our area we have a special police unit that is designated for only patrolling city parks. This construction area is a park going through major renovation, I was lucky to get 11 hunts in. It also depends on who is on duty at the time. Some of the guys on this squad are more easy going, some are not. All is well, it was an opportunity than comes along about once every ten years. :)

By the looks of the grading in the photos it's pretty groomed looking like the seeding or sodding of the park will happen, then when it opens up again I think it would fair game to go play again.
 
Awesome Site/Finds!
That 1917D merc looks to be in great Shape.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom